+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals and background/police clearance...

Amsterdammer

May 29, 2010
PS, Beauhoe, sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread! if I should have posted this some where else please tell me...just found board and not sure how it works yet!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amsterdammer said:
PS, Beauhoe, sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread! if I should have posted this some where else please tell me...just found board and not sure how it works yet!
No worries! You're in the right place.
Cheers,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Amsterdammer said:
Hello!
Thank you Qorax and Beahoe for the replies!!!!

I am still confused, though!

To start, we live in Amsterdam, are working thru the Berlin office. Our initial papers went in Feb. 2007.

Aren't the FBI fingerprint checks and the Police Clearances that we already sent the 'Security Checks' you speak of?

As mentioned, med tests sent last week, but we still don't understand what stage we are in at all.

My most important question is -- I'm staying here in Amsterdam, just waiting this out (I'm from US, partner Dutch) and would love to leave and go work in US until decision is made, but I'd hate (and can't afford) to fly to US only to have to fly back to Berlin weeks later for an interview.

So any insight from this whether a interview is going to be called at this point?

(and for those of us that are very slow: What the heck is a PP?? Or A PPR?

THANKS! This is a great forum and I wished I found it long ago. We've been flying blind for so long I wasn't sure I'd even recognize the light when I saw it.
1. Feb-2007 stands under the 'old system'. It'd take around 3.5 yrs to complete, if all goes well. U may log on to Trackitt.com to check on your Timeframe, vis-a-vis others from your CHC.

2. No. Those certs r for documentation... but there's more to the Security Checks. U may like to read further here...
Background Checks:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39578.0.html

3. U r in the 'final stages'. Give it around 3 months from the meds to get your PPR [?]. Explained in the above thread.

4. Pp = [local term] Passport; PPR = [local term] Passport Request.

Been here -u r no more blind. Welcome to the brotherhood !!!
Qorax

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amsterdammer said:
Thanks, Beauhoe! I assume Master Qorax will read this eventually? This whole application process is making us crazy!!
No need to be crazy, just be positive and support your spouse to not lose hope. Pray if you believe in God or do whatever you have to do to avoid depression. I have been waiting to get my ppr for two weeks and I know how hard it is to wait for something that is so real. Lately I have been swimming a lot during my spare times to take the pressure off.
Good luck to you my friend I am sure that this week is full of good news.
Cheers,

Amsterdammer

May 29, 2010
Beauhoe, Where in USA are you??? I'm from NYC but lived all over USA before coming to Europe...spent a lot of time in CA.

Qorax,

Sorry to bother you but my partner and I came to 2 different conclusions after reading your response! I say we have passed the point where an interview will be called and we can go to usa and wait this out...partner thinks we need to stay here in case Berlin calls. Again, sent full package in December, waited a long time for US FBI Clearance to show up, sent meds back last week.

This is really maddening!

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amsterdammer said:
Beauhoe, Where in USA are you??? I'm from NYC but lived all over USA before coming to Europe...spent a lot of time in CA.

Qorax,

Sorry to bother you but my partner and I came to 2 different conclusions after reading your response! I say we have passed the point where an interview will be called and we can go to usa and wait this out...partner thinks we need to stay here in case Berlin calls. Again, sent full package in December, waited a long time for US FBI Clearance to show up, sent meds back last week.

This is really maddening!
Buckeye from Ohio...

Amsterdammer

May 29, 2010
I traveled through Ohio m any times on my way back and forth from NY to IL where I went to college and always thought it was a nice place. Thanks so much for your help, best of luck to you for a speedy positive result in your CA immigration case.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Next time come by, have four bedrooms. That will be okay before I get my ppr but I planning to keep it for vacation. Buckeye land still beautiful and will always be.
Cheers,

Amsterdammer

May 29, 2010
Master Qorax,

Just saw this in one of your other threads..."The only difference it might make is we irritate the VO with frequent queries on the same issue, in short spans."

I hope you didn't mean me! Sorry for asking the same question a few times...but now after spending all day reading the site I understand....we should be passed the interview stage, but they can call you for an interview at any time, so there's really no answer to my question. Whether I go off to US at this point is crap shoot.

Thanks for taking the time to answer everyone's questions!

Peace.

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
hi beauhoe,

just curious is u'r file transfered to Detroit..

If so we could share our experiences...

Mine case was transferd to Detroit in the last week of April 2010.

E-case updated to in progress on first week of May.

Medical request in the 2nd week of May.

medical send last week of May.

waiting for update.

I saw u got an email confiming u'r medical reciept, i am wondering why they didn't ask for PP rightaway...

good luck to all of us.