+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medicals and background/police clearance...

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you think that medicals and background checks come after updating on e-cas: Medical results have been received or before that step?
What do you thinks? This is your forum and your time. Let's hear from you...

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We need your imputs to make this forum keep going. So come on people...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Background Checks:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39578.0.html

Qorax

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
Background Checks:

Qorax
Qorax,
Thank you very much for the link, it was very useful.
Here is my situation:
1. On May 11, 2010, I received an email from my VO saying that medical results have been received and a request for passport will be send to me very shortly to finalize my case.
2. On May 17, 2010, my e-cas was updated to medical results have been received and ever since nothing. Could you please comment on my situation?
Thanks,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
beauhoe said:
Qorax,
Thank you very much for the link, it was very useful.
Here is my situation:
1. On May 11, 2010, I received an email from my VO saying that medical results have been received and a request for passport will be send to me very shortly to finalize my case.
2. On May 17, 2010, my e-cas was updated to medical results have been received and ever since nothing. Could you please comment on my situation?
Thanks,
I knew a question would be coming. Relax buddy, everything is Ok with your case. Your meds reached just this month. It usually takes 2-3 months for the meds to be ratified & the security clearances checked. Your PPR should be@hand by Jun-Jul 2010.

Qorax

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
I knew a question would be coming. Relax buddy, everything is Ok with your case. Your meds reached just this month. It usually takes 2-3 months for the meds to be ratified & the security clearances checked. Your PPR should be @ hand by Jun-Jul 2010.

Qorax
Thanks Qorax,
Just curious: How to explain the fact that some applicants are getting ppr same day as their e-cas is updated? I know that most of these cases are from Buffalo but have no idea about Detroit.
I hope you have a nice weekend. By the way, Are you in Canada?
Cheers,

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
1. The e-cas is not a very reliable tool. At most u get a general idea.
2. Not necessarily that u get the PPR close to the e-cas statement of 'meds recd'. They aren't linked.
3. Usually from meds sent date it takes about 2 months to get the PPR. Earlier's a bonus.
4. I'm@Toronto.

Good luck.
Qorax

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
2. Not necessarily that u get the PPR close to the e-cas statement of 'meds recd'. They aren't linked.
3. Usually from meds sent date it takes about 2 months to get the PPR. Earlier's a bonus.
4. I'm @ Toronto.

Good luck.
Qorax
That is my believe and I sent my meds on March 8, 2010. Maybe the ppr will be here in June...
I love Toronto, I was there 4 years ago where I presented my works at AIDS 2006 – XVI International AIDS Conference – 13-18 August 2006.
Cheers,

mrdynamo

Star Member
Jul 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
4. I'm @ Toronto.

Good luck.
Qorax
HAI QUORAX :)
i have sent RPRF,PP,MEDICALS on 15.04.10. & eagerly waiting for visa.what do u think,when to wait?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
mrdynamo said:
HAI QUORAX :)
i have sent RPRF,PP,MEDICALS on 15.04.10. & eagerly waiting for visa.what do u think,when to wait?
CHC-ND takes about 10 days, I think, for the visa.

Amsterdammer

May 29, 2010
Help!

My partner and I sent in our medical tests last week. Does this mean that the interview has been waived?? How long does it take from here for this to be finalized? Does the med tests mean that everything else has been cleared???
We've been waitiung a LONG TIME (since feb. 2007!)

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Amsterdammer said:
Help!

My partner and I sent in our medical tests last week. Does this mean that the interview has been waived?? How long does it take from here for this to be finalized? Does the med tests mean that everything else has been cleared???
The interviews r of 2 types. A background interview & a Security interview. At your case, the probability of a b/ground interview is rare, but a security one could yet be there.

Generally speaking, Yes... Seems pretty much everything is Ok, however one never knows -till one get's the visa. Hopefully things will be alright... Our prayers r with u.

Good luck.
Qorax

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amsterdammer said:
Help!

Hey Amsterdammer,
Welcome to the forum we are sure that your experiences will be valuable to others and I will recommend you to come and fully express yourself. According to what I have been reading, you can get interview anytime until you get your PPr and eventually your visa. I am not sure of the old cases and I do believe that members will help you with the subject.
I will also recommend you a , an art work put together by our senior Qorax. Qorax is a wonderful man and friend who is making life easier for new immigrants like you and me. You may not like what he will tell you but believe me that his experiences have been all over this forum and there is no subject related to Canada immigration that he will not be able to bring his valuable brain into it.
Here is the link and please do not hesitate to ask for his help.
Cheers,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Qorax did it again! Amsterdammer, I was sure that he was going to give you his assistance.
Cheers,

Amsterdammer

May 29, 2010
Hello!
Thank you Qorax and Beahoe for the replies!!!!

I am still confused, though!

To start, we live in Amsterdam, are working thru the Berlin office. Our initial papers went in Feb. 2007.

Aren't the FBI fingerprint checks and the Police Clearances that we already sent the 'Security Checks' you speak of?

As mentioned, med tests sent last week, but we still don't understand what stage we are in at all.

My most important question is -- I'm staying here in Amsterdam, just waiting this out (I'm from US, partner Dutch) and would love to leave and go work in US until decision is made, but I'd hate (and can't afford) to fly to US only to have to fly back to Berlin weeks later for an interview.

So any insight from this whether a interview is going to be called at this point?

(and for those of us that are very slow: What the heck is a PP?? Or A PPR?

THANKS! This is a great forum and I wished I found it long ago. We've been flying blind for so long I wasn't sure I'd even recognize the light when I saw it.