+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical UpFront for TRV

Jenkawkc

Jan 8, 2019
Hi,

Im trying to get a new TRV as my last one already expired when my student VISA expired (2016) so that I can leave and come back in Canada. Vacation happening end of April ish.

Im also in the middle of my application for PR which is still in process, AOR received. Upfront medical done and uploaded but medical hasn't been received by IRCC yet.

So for the question regarding TRV where it's asking "Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?", If I say NO, it doesnt ask me for the upfront medical to upload, but if I select YES, then i have to upload the upfront medical which I had done for PR.
What im wondering about is that if uploading medical will delay the process as I know for PR, medical takes months to get approved/passed (I only have a couple of months before the vacation) I heard I don't actually need medical for TRV so should just answer NO to the question? Also, I answered "less than 6 months" for the question how long are you planning to stay in Canada as my PGWP is expiring on the 21 July 2019.

Will I get penalised if I say NO for the medical (not truthful) and jeopardise my PR application or no?