+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Test Fraud

help4pr84

Star Member
May 28, 2024
Hi I recently got a test for my immigration I had these takeaways and a question:
1. Did anyone else feel that the whole "medical" was a fraud to make money?
2. I was told to pay 180 per person for the medical plus another 20 dollars for the urine test? Is that the standard to have a separate charge for the urine test? Please share your responses to my experience?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Hi I recently got a test for my immigration I had these takeaways and a question:
2. I was told to pay 180 per person for the medical plus another 20 dollars for the urine test? Is that the standard to have a separate charge for the urine test? Please share your responses to my experience?
Make money for who?

Reactions: YVR123

CanGoldDigger

Feb 17, 2024
Ottawa
Check if it's on the list https://secure.cic.gc.ca/PanelPhysicianMedecinDesigne/en/Home

If it is, then it's not a fraud.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What do you mean? The panel physician is supposed to report your test result (yes the tests were done per person so the charge is per person). IRCC needs to make sure 1) the new PRs (PA and everyone in the family) do not have communicable diseases . 2) they are in reasonable good health to not bring an excessive demand on health or social services to Canada.

back many years ago, we were charged for a total and it was around $300/400 Cnd. Not sure if the billing details of your panel physician is different.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sadly yes many of the panel physicians don’t actually do a good medical exam and use it as a cash cow. If they haven’t done exam required as described below then would report them to IRCC.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/streamlined-ime-panel-members-guide.html

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

help4pr84

Star Member
May 28, 2024
What do you mean? The panel physician is supposed to report your test result (yes the tests were done per person so the charge is per person). IRCC needs to make sure 1) the new PRs (PA and everyone in the family) do not have communicable diseases . 2) they are in reasonable good health to not bring an excessive demand on health or social services to Canada.

back many years ago, we were charged for a total and it was around $300/400 Cnd. Not sure if the billing details of your panel physician is different.
Thank you for the response. What do you mean for a total? We were charged 180 cdn per person plus 20 for urine test = 50 for xray (The xray is a separate charge done in a different office)

help4pr84

Star Member
May 28, 2024
Sadly yes many of the panel physicians don’t actually do a good medical exam and use it as a cash cow. If they haven’t done exam required as described below then would report them to IRCC.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/streamlined-ime-panel-members-guide.html

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
Thank you for the response. This is what I felt and wanted to know if anyone had a similar feeling. What through me over the top was an additional charge for the urine sample after a 4 inute test. I had done this exam previously (for a permit) and I didnt remember any separate charges.
Good to know i am not the only one who felt this way :)

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Thank you for the response. This is what I felt and wanted to know if anyone had a similar feeling. What through me over the top was an additional charge for the urine sample after a 4 inute test. I had done this exam previously (for a permit) and I didnt remember any separate charges.
Good to know i am not the only one who felt this way :)
You got a very cheap deal

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
What do you mean a cheap deal?
$200 per person is cheap. I think I paid over $1000 for two people 15 years ago. Well, the whole procedure was over two hours long.
Did you find your doctor on that link provided? If s/he is not on there, your consultation will be invalid.

help4pr84

Star Member
May 28, 2024
I
$200 per person is cheap. I think I paid over $1000 for two people 15 years ago. Well, the whole procedure was over two hours long.
Did you find your doctor on that link provided? If s/he is not on there, your consultation will be invalid.
I found my doctor on the link so it will be valid.
Like I said it was just bothersome for a 4 minute appointment to be charged 200 dollars per person. It sounds like your doctor's visit was much more thorough and that may explain the discrepancy in price.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I

I found my doctor on the link so it will be valid.
Like I said it was just bothersome for a 4 minute appointment to be charged 200 dollars per person. It sounds like your doctor's visit was much more thorough and that may explain the discrepancy in price.
What is most disturbing is that people with actual health issues that would place excessive demand on the health system can also go to this doctor who will likely not ask many questions or report any medical issues

help4pr84

Star Member
May 28, 2024
What is most disturbing is that people with actual health issues that would place excessive demand on the health system can also go to this doctor who will likely not ask many questions or report any medical issues
I hear your point. You are looking at the big picture which makes sense.
While on the topic I was wondering why cant we just go to our regular doctor which is covered by ohip for this exam? They are qualified after all?