+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Medical Results have been recived" and after how many days you got ppr guys??

tanoshi

Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2010
Doc's Request.
28-05-2011
AOR Received.
28-05-2011
Med's Request
28-05-2011
Med's Done....
10-06-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2011
LANDED..........
16-12-2011
New_to_Sask said:
Congrats!

Is there a CIC office in Toronto. Can't this be done at Service Canada office?
They have. I wonder can I go to CIC Toronto. 55 St. Clair East to land. I have seen but walk-in or book appt. Hate waiting.... You can try CIC Mississauga or CIC Scarborough as I know.

Personally, I don't like CIC Scarborough. Processing time is long as far as I know:renew PR card, citizenship, sponsor, etc. I prefer CIC Toronto, ^^!!! 8)

sheltieaholic

Dec 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-08-11
Nomination.....
04-05-11
AOR Received.
28-10-11
File Transfer...
28-10-11
Med's Request
28-10-11
Med's Done....
04-11-11
Passport Req..
14-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
05-01-12
LANDED..........
27-01-2012
My address disappeared on E-cas this morning too. Let's hope we get our PPR before Christmas ;)

MAHESARI

Star Member
Apr 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 10, 2011
AOR Received.
July 13, 2011
Med's Request
July 13, 2011
Med's Done....
July 22, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 20, 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 23, 2011
sheltieaholic said:
My address disappeared on E-cas this morning too. Let's hope we get our PPR before Christmas ;)
Hi Sheltieaholic,

What's you timeline. Please share it.

Thanks

zonger

Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
Med's Request
25-07-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Passport Req..
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
08-12-2011
TRUONGAN said:
landed today at local cic office in calgary without appointment. It was a busy place, I was just lucky that they accepted my walk in service.
Congrats...I landed last night

zonger

Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-2011
Med's Request
25-07-2011
Med's Done....
29-07-2011
Passport Req..
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
08-12-2011
TRUONGAN said:
really nothing much to share lol. not even a single question asked regarding my application. she changed my status on computer and asked me to sign a few places on COPR then congrats me twice.

the harder part was to convince the receptionist to let me in for landing without appointment. At first he was very firm, very resistive. But i tried to convince him, almost on my knee to beg him (lol), so later on he became friendlier and helped me get an Immigration Officer. I was the first client this morning.

CIC Calgary is sooooo busy. Queue jumping for landing not recommended, they are very firm, I guess 90% risk of being sent home to make appointment- I belong to 10% lucky people I guess.
lol...you should come to vancouver then...
no line up necessary. Drop by whenever you want....Officers was nice, even gave me canadian flag~`

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
zonger said:
lol...you should come to vancouver then...
no line up necessary. Drop by whenever you want....Officers was nice, even gave me canadian flag~`
i didn't go to border, i just walked into local office so they treated me like queue jumper. I guess that's the right attitude, i don't complain as i was prepared for this kind of reaction from the office, indeed I feel I am very lucky that I got it done.

they were not rude but they didn't like the idea of going straight to local office without appointment either.

immigration officer was a nice lady.

congrats on becoming my fellow Canadian PR eh?

aili_hz

Oct 19, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tanoshi said:
I think it's mass update on E-cas. Mine waiting for passport and the address disappear, too!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

SAME HERE..WAITTING FOR PRT BACK AND ADDRESS DISAPPEAR

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
*** LANDING EXPERIENCE AT CALGARY CIC OFFICE - NO APPOINTMENT ****
I came in at 8:30am. The office was not open until 9am so we have to form a line outside. I was the first in line. I planned to go to the border on Saturday for landing but after reading a post on this forum a member said s/he was able to do landing at local office without appointment so I decided to try my luck here this Friday morning. The line was about 20 people even before the office is open.
When I get inside, I dealt with a male officer at the front desk, he is Filipino I guess. He's young. I explained to him I am here to do landing but I didn't have appointment because the CIC Toll free didn't pass on my request to the local office. He said that is absolutely not possible without appointment. I told him I am leaving Canada for vacation and with PR Status I can apply for travel documents. He said I have an option to go to the border (which I already knew) but I told him the weather is not good to drive hours on highway. But he still No No and No. I almost gave up and wanted to return to work, forget about the landing here and will do it at the border tomorrow. But then he said he needs to check the schedule to see if CIC passed my name on their calendar or not. I kept saying “please please please” and he kept resisting “no no no”. I said I have heard that landing wouldn't take longer than 10 mins, he said ‘no, much longer , sir' .

Few minutes later I don't know what changed his mind, he grabbed my paperworks and asked me to wait – he said he will check to see if there is any available immigration officer to do this for me but “don't hope too much”, if they do it, you're lucky, if they're busy, answer remains same. About 5 mins he came out and confirm a few more things about travel plan ( seemed to me like he didn't believe me at first), then he smiled at me, and became a totally different person LOL. He said that an IO will come out to help you right away, your request is accepted. Thanks goodness! I didn't have to go home and spent 2 hrs for nothing, best part is I won't have to drive to border in this kind of weather.

About 5 mins later an IO came out to walk me into a small private room. She was a Filipino, too and she is very friendly. I can't stop myself saying ‘sorry' and ‘thank you' to her because I know I have given them a difficult situation and they have made a very rare exception for me (based on how firm the officers were at first). She took my COPR and passport, check all the info, keyed something on her computer. She asked if I remember my first entry date to Canada I told her the approximation. She had to check my CIC Client ID again to find out the exact date. Then she asked me to confirm all the info on COPR are correct and put initials/signature on the fields her finger points to. She wanted me to surrender my Work Permit and said I now have all the rights and obligations of a PR. She congratulates me twice during the landing. I brought with me bank statement and last payslip but none was asked to show. The whole landing process with IO was less than 10 minutes with no tension at all. She told me to change my SIN and update my status with employer. She explained to me about PR Card and how to retain PR status and offer to answer my questions.

I left the office at 9:30am. mostly spent time waiting outside and waited to be called in for landing.

When I get to work I check my COPR and found out the field ‘I understand these conditions' was not signed. I was confused as I don't know if it was missing or not, IO didn't tell me to sign there and that field looks important, too. So I googled the CIC Calgary email and send them an email to inquire. About an hour later, that IO call me back (anonymous caller ID) saying everything is fine because my PR doesn't come with any conditions or restriction so no need to sign there. It was a big relief to hear that as I have heard cases where COPR must be reissued, resigned, and PR card delayed because of missing signature on COPR.

Well, so on Dec 9 2011, I became PR of Canada.

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
New_to_Sask said:
Congrats!

Is there a CIC office in Toronto. Can't this be done at Service Canada office?
There are as tanoshi said below. I don't think you can land with Service Canada, that's a task belongs to CIC. Here is the CIC link for all-Canada offices: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/help.asp#on

tanoshi said:
They have. I wonder can I go to CIC Toronto. 55 St. Clair East to land. I have seen but walk-in or book appt. Hate waiting.... You can try CIC Mississauga or CIC Scarborough as I know.

Personally, I don't like CIC Scarborough. Processing time is long as far as I know:renew PR card, citizenship, sponsor, etc. I prefer CIC Toronto, ^^!!! 8)
I've researched a bit on GOOGLE. I wasn't even aware of that fact that you can land inland. Anyway, you may not be lucky enough as TRUONGUN as to go in-person without any appointment and officialy land.

Answering to your query, I found something on settlement.org forum. Infact, PMM writes there as well. Here it is: http://www.settlement.org/discuss/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10465 (Read the last post there)

Re: contact info of the CIC office at 55 St Clair Ave E, here's what I've found:
http://york.cioc.ca/record/MKM0594 (Not sure how updated the link is)

Hope this helps...

aili_hz

Oct 19, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is there anyone can tell me whats the email address of CIC,BUFFALO?

help101

Star Member
Jun 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 18, 2011
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2013
AOR Received.
October 27, 2011
File Transfer...
July 7, 2012
Med's Request
February 21, 2013
Med's Done....
February 27, 2013
Passport Req..
April 22, 2013
stanka said:
They hate Quebec applicants.
hahahahaha... i totally agree with you my friend :D

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
aili_hz said:
is there anyone can tell me whats the email address of CIC,BUFFALO?
For general enquiry:
buffalo-im-enquiry @ international.gc.ca

sam1986

Apr 21, 2011
Alberta
raj84 said:
Friends i need ur help .I submitted RCMP Police certificate to buffalo on 1- nov-11 and today i got reply for my enquiry is:

We are waiting for the RCMP police certificate to be submitted.

Immigration

What should i do now.Plz advised
Raj!
I think its about time you contact directly to the managers. Send them the scanned coipy of the proof that it is been delivered and you are still asking for this information.
I have send them a 2nd set of PCC, the new ones which i just recieved last week. So they will have 2 sets of PCC now....one from last year and very recent ones. I did it for my own safety, so down the road they dont come and tell me that my oldd PCC is 1 year old and unacceptabler.

Anyways I understand ur frustartion...when time is not good, nothign goes right my friend.. But i know there is light end of the tuunnel. Just email them ASAP.
sam

raj84

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-dec-10
Doc's Request.
RCMP Report on oct-21-11
AOR Received.
jul-11
Med's Request
jul-11
Med's Done....
14-jul-11
Passport Req..
waiting
I emailed them today with the copy of RCMP police certificate and courier slips and guess wht happen .i emailed them at 2:33 pm tday and at 2:37 pm i got reply stated "we are in reciept of RCMP police certificate".Now again waiting game is started for next surprise god knows wht it would be.

bravo1234

Star Member
Oct 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raj84 said:
I emailed them today with the copy of RCMP police certificate and courier slips and guess wht happen .i emailed them at 2:33 pm tday and at 2:37 pm i got reply stated "we are in reciept of RCMP police certificate".Now again waiting game is started for next surprise god knows wht it would be.
Thats pretty quick..its a good sign they are working on your file they might send you PPR in few days ...good luck