+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical & Interview

bobine

May 5, 2008
Drazfoo said:
Hi,

What does the medical and Interview consist of?

I will be a FSW applicant!

Regards
INTERVIEW:
when the immigration officer who is revision your application has some doubts or needs some clarifications about the documents you submitted, he has the right to call you for an interview. For that a mailing letter will be addressed to you w/ appropriate indications.
Chances are giving to you to defend your application...to convince the officer that you need or really want to immigrate to Canada.
Plus, it's an opportunity to ask the officer some questions.

MEDICAL:
when your application is successfuly passed (w/ or w/out interview), they will want to make sure everything is ok w/ your body system! To do so, you will be asked to undergo medical examination by a designed dr of CIC from your erea.
That would be at your own expense and will consist at : blood test, bp, chest rays, urine test, take your height & weight, see how good you can read from a certain distance w/ both eyes opened & one of each eye closed, check your testicles, routine questioning.....
all this is what happened in my case and might be different in some cases (not sure!!!).
In my case i paid $ 425 and it took me less than hour to undergo all that...it all depends on the erea and the dr.

hope this help!

Drazfoo

Oct 9, 2009
Thanks,
Im using CanadaVisa to submit my application so im taking their lead when it comes to the interview and medical but i just wanted to get someone elses point.

Again, thanks.. It did help.

P.s
once your app is approved , can the interviewer reject you?

Regards

bobine

May 5, 2008
Drazfoo said:
Thanks,
Im using CanadaVisa to submit my application so im taking their lead when it comes to the interview and medical but i just wanted to get someone elses point.

Again, thanks.. It did help.

P.s
once your app is approved , can the interviewer reject you?

Regards

when the application is approved i guess there will be no need for interview...and the next step will be medicals and then after medicals if everything is ok ( no additional examination or other...) it will be the visa stage and the visa officer can call you for interview befort issuing the visa .he has that right too. what you need to know is : it's possible to undergo 2 interview
1-one called by the immigration officer who is revising your documents
2-the 2nd one by the visa officer
in many cases, if everything is in order the 2nd one is waived.....

maybe i'm missing something here!!!

iam QSW ...i know in some FSW case they have to approve the application and then ask 4 documents in 120 days...if that is the case you r talking about, i will say yes...you can be rejected after being approved in the first place.

not sure if your question is answered.

Drazfoo

Oct 9, 2009
You did answer it thanks.

I just wanted to know after everything is approved can the interviewer reject you from entering the country.

Regards

bobine

May 5, 2008
Drazfoo said:
You did answer it thanks.

I just wanted to know after everything is approved can the interviewer reject you from entering the country.

Regards
Never heard of it!
i know sometime the border officers are nasty but never rejected anyone that i know...unless they find out something grave (serious), chance to enter are 99%

anpur_192

Aug 2, 2009
Hi,
I went for interview on 5th Oct at Kuala Lumpur malaysia.
visa officer wanted me to explain how i am related to my uncle and wanted to see the proof. so they sent me letter for the date and venu of the interview and which are the documents they want to see. i took all my original documents.
first i submitted all the documents to reception and she told me to wait for a while. after about 10 min she told me to go in room no 2. where the officer was waiting for me. he greet nicely and told me to not to scared this is not exam just general talk. this was so reliving and felt very comfirtable.

then he ask about the stay in malaysia(i am here last 17 year, original indian) how do i like here and what i am doing and job responsibilities, current projects and past projects in short it took arround 5 min.
second he ask me the proof(explanation how i related to my uncle) i explained very well. he also ask about his (uncle's) job and family.

thirdly he ask about why i want to go Canada and what is the reaction of the children about immigration.
fourth he ask about the forms. who filled up the forms
thats all it took maximum 15 min.

then he told me to wait for 10 min till they prepare forms for medicals.
they gave me medical forms for my family (4 persons)
it was quite good and this is the chance that you can ask them regarding your doubts. as he ask me to ask if i want to ask him any questions.

Thanks

bobine

May 5, 2008
anpur_192 said:
Hi,
I went for interview on 5th Oct at Kuala Lumpur malaysia.
visa officer wanted me to explain how i am related to my uncle and wanted to see the proof. so they sent me letter for the date and venu of the interview and which are the documents they want to see. i took all my original documents.
first i submitted all the documents to reception and she told me to wait for a while. after about 10 min she told me to go in room no 2. where the officer was waiting for me. he greet nicely and told me to not to scared this is not exam just general talk. this was so reliving and felt very comfirtable.

then he ask about the stay in malaysia(i am here last 17 year, original indian) how do i like here and what i am doing and job responsibilities, current projects and past projects in short it took arround 5 min.
second he ask me the proof(explanation how i related to my uncle) i explained very well. he also ask about his (uncle's) job and family.

thirdly he ask about why i want to go Canada and what is the reaction of the children about immigration.
fourth he ask about the forms. who filled up the forms
thats all it took maximum 15 min.

then he told me to wait for 10 min till they prepare forms for medicals.
they gave me medical forms for my family (4 persons)
it was quite good and this is the chance that you can ask them regarding your doubts. as he ask me to ask if i want to ask him any questions.

Thanks
congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience