+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical instruction wrong family name

lingling

Mar 11, 2008
Hi all,

PLease help me with this case.
We have received the medical instructions. However, on the form my family name was written my maiden name and not my husband family name. My husband and kids their names are all correct. You think this shouldn't be a problem? can we now proceed our medical?

thanks in advance
ling

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
Depends if the medical centre will accept to put correct details which i think they will as they will require you passport as proof of id etc. Also write to cic to explain that on medical forms your names were spelt wrong or to be faster is to send them an email(make sure you put file no, dob and full names in their) and i dentify to them you where you have been booked for medicals just incase they could fax the medical centre. Bookings depending where you are like in london it takes 3-4 weeks to go for those medicals.

Before the medical centre does your medicals i think they have alink with cic and could retrieve your information on thier system to confirm that its for the purpose of immigration.

Good luck anyway.

Sergey24

Feb 26, 2008
Hi,
We had the same problem, our names were spelt incorrectly.
I sent 5 e-mails to london, never got any reply. I sent letter by post to them and got new medical forms in 7 weeks.
Medicals are done on 7th January 2008, did not hear from them yet...

lingling

Mar 11, 2008
Hi Martha,

I am almost finish with my medical. The designated doctor checked my passport and he write on the form my correct family name.

You think this will work and shouldn't be a problem?

ciao,
ling

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
of course it will. Coz the medicals go together with your copies of proof of id and pictures which were sent from the cic. To be on safe side do your part by writing to cic of what happened and what has been done.