Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
There is no criteria to seek or ask for any prior medical report, and neither does the manual state so.
Au contraire the manual specifically asks the doctor to review past history. A patient cann't be relied upon to give details of his past medical history as he is not an expert, so his past medical record must be examined. This forms the baseline too for the panel physician to report when compared to any current findings.

• Haha
Reactions: legalfalcon

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
Au contraire the manual specifically asks the doctor to review past history. A patient cann't be relied upon to give details of his past medical history as he is not an expert, so his past medical record must be examined. This forms the baseline too for the panel physician to report when compared to any current findings.
not sure where you are getting this information, or whether it's a matter of interpretation - but I can tell you my PR medical definitely did not go that way. I didn't have a family doctor at the time and wasn't asked for any other physician's information. He did "review past history" with me verbally and with me self-reporting. I asked if he needed medical reports from my neurologist or regarding prior surgeries and he said no, he is required to collect a specific set of tests and information. He will enter my history and chronic disease info into the report and a medical officer will either get back to him to ask for more tests or get back to me with a PFL which would possibly request or require information from my regular physicians.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you very much for this response I said I suffered no ill effects because the doctors said there was no damage back then and the condition that caused the stroke has disappeared as for other things, I do occasionally have to see the cardiologist and endocrinologist and do some bloodwork every few months. I’d also like to add that my conditions are being well managed confirmed by the tests i took recently. can I prepare a plan along with my application? Or do i have to wait to get a rejection letter first?
Offering to pay for your medication would not be enforceable so there no point offering to pay for your medication. You can start by researching the price of your medication to give you an idea of the costs. Getting more information from your doctor will likely be needed at some point so being proactive can’t hurt although you may be asked for more information. I would also plan for the likelihood of further testing.

https://www.formulary.health.gov.on.ca/formulary/

Reactions: Willani

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
not sure where you are getting this information, or whether it's a matter of interpretation - but I can tell you my PR medical definitely did not go that way. I didn't have a family doctor at the time and wasn't asked for any other physician's information. He did "review past history" with me verbally and with me self-reporting. I asked if he needed medical reports from my neurologist or regarding prior surgeries and he said no, he is required to collect a specific set of tests and information. He will enter my history and chronic disease info into the report and a medical officer will either get back to him to ask for more tests or get back to me with a PFL which would possibly request or require information from my regular physicians.
I guess it varies from case to case. I know of a person where IRCC via eMedical itself asked for past history documents/reports.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
I guess it varies from case to case. I know of a person where IRCC via eMedical itself asked for past history documents/reports.
yes of course they can ask for past history documentation afterwards. That's basically the point of a PFL as well. In fact I too saw the line you posted from the instructions to applicants that say 'bring recent info with you' and so I took a CD of my MRI scans to the panel physician and he told me it's not for him to take those but expect IRCC to ask. He said they may request it via himself/eMed as a furtherance or direct from my physician via a PFL.

It's on IRCC to ask whatever follow up information they want, and it's on the applicant to be honest with the panel physician when giving their verbal medical history at the first appointment (as one should with any doctor).