+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical IME/UMI issue+ PCC +work ex

saaniya

Aug 23, 2015
Hi:

I have received an ITA. I'm the principal/ primary applicant and my spouse is the dependent. I work in USA on H1 B with an Indian passport. My spouse works in Australia with an indian passport.

1) Medical exam:
I have received a UMI number. My spouse has an IME number from his former student visa application to Canada that was rejected. The medical authorities where he went to get his exam done said that they cannot generate a new number. So does he need to request for a new number from CIC or he should use my UMI number since I'm the primary applicant? or he has to go ahead with old IME number?

2) PCC
Since I am originally from India and have been in USA for 6 yrs, I need PCC from both, India and USA. I will receive the one from India in another 2 weeks. But the one from FBI in USA shows a wait time of 11-13 weeks. So, If I submit the one from India only and submit a letter stating that the one from FBI will be submitted when received, is that ok?

3) Work Experience:
One of the work experience I listed was my internship of 6 months for which I have an offer letter and 6 months paystubs. Is that enough since I don't have an experience letter from them?

I appreciate all the help from everyone on this forum Smiley
Thank you
Saaniya

chaitanyaprsd1

Star Member
Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) I think the medicals should be redone for your spouse by your explanation.
2) PCC from INDIA and FBI are mandatory documents. All visa officers do not agree to process a PR application without the fbi reports. So, please check other threads in the forum where people sent PR application without fbi document.
3) Work internships does not fetch any points. So , you can list them in personal history.

saaniya

Aug 23, 2015
Thank you for the reply! But if internships are full time and paid, then they should be considered as employment right?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
saaniya. First get ur PCC than only this would work. Work experience must be full time one year around 1550 hours. Get strated with PCC