+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical for parents

hep

Oct 25, 2011
My parents have recently received medical examinations and they have the following medical conditions:

- Arthritis
- High blood pressure
- Diabetes

Does anyone know if any of the above are to prompt concern?

Many Thanks.

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
I guess the question is in relation to what? Has an application for something been submitted or planning to?

This information may help providing an answer to you.

hep

Oct 25, 2011
It was not obvious, was it?

It is bring processed under Parents and Grand Parents category. Also, would the answer be different if it were for super visa?

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hep said:
It was not obvious, was it?

It is bring processed under Parents and Grand Parents category. Also, would the answer be different if it were for super visa?

Thanks!
1. It really depends on the severity of the high blood pressure and if there has been kidney damage. They will probably be required to have further medical test, i.e. creatinine to check for kidney damage. Also whether they are insulin dependent for their diabetes. If their medical condition will cost more than $6,141.00 per year for a projected 5 year period for treatment, then they can be refused for "excessive demand" on medical services.

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
They will need to meet the requirements found here in addition to being found eligible first as visitors if applying for a supervisa. It is all the same visa as a regular visa, just for multiple entry or and extended period of time.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ir/ir03-eng.pdf