London
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Request
12-01-2024
Med's Done....
25-01-2024
Hello, fellow applicants from Pakistan.

Does anyone have information on the process of getting an upfront medical done for a non-accompanying dependent?

Any help would be appreciated!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello, fellow applicants from Pakistan.

Does anyone have information on the process of getting an upfront medical done for a non-accompanying dependent?

Any help would be appreciated!
Easy, do not do an upfront medical. Pointless, will likely cause delays.

RamseyAmo

Feb 6, 2024
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Request
12-01-2024
Med's Done....
25-01-2024
Easy, do not do an upfront medical. Pointless, will likely cause delays.
Sorry, I meant normal medical. I received an ADR to submit my non-accompanying child's medical that has to be submitted within 30 days, I was wondering if you or anyone else here has gone through that recently that could guide me on how to go about this the fastest route. Do I call them or email them for an earlier date? Do they require the original birth certificate or just an FRC?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Sorry, I meant normal medical. I received an ADR to submit my non-accompanying child's medical that has to be submitted within 30 days, I was wondering if you or anyone else here has gone through that recently that could guide me on how to go about this the fastest route. Do I call them or email them for an earlier date? Do they require the original birth certificate or just an FRC?
EMAIL works!! try calling if they pick up, amazing! tabdeeli agai!! at least the islamabad medical clinic responds to emails usually. They do take their 2-5 days to respond back. They have a specific format of questions which they send to you when you email them. Just respond on that...and inform them on the top of email that CiC has requested to get it done within 30 days - hence urgent appointment is requested.

Be prepared for flip side. Usually you wont get urgent appointment. Just updated CiC (send webform) of the appointment time and date (with pdf copy of appointment confirmation).
That should be ok.

Reactions: RamseyAmo

RamseyAmo

Feb 6, 2024
Pakistan
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
04-10-2023
Med's Request
12-01-2024
Med's Done....
25-01-2024
So now IOM is asking for an IME number for my son (Non-accompanying dependent, who lives with his father), which the case officer did not provide us. It's funny because they sent an entire ADR for his medical without the most important information. LOLOLOL.

IOM Pakistan's Email response:

Please note the following information regarding medical examinations based on the two scenarios:

Up-front medical: Upfront Medical Examinations are conducted for Students, Workers, Visitors, and Express Entry applicants who choose this option before submitting their visa application. If you have already undergone a medical examination at the IOM clinic, you should have received an E-medical information sheet. This sheet needs to be submitted along with your application to ensure that your case officer is aware that your medical examination has already been completed.
Medical Requested: If you have already submitted your visa application, the relevant immigration authority will send you a medical request letter with an IME number mentioned. This number is used to submit your medical report to the E-medical portal, where it will be accessed by your designated case officer. IME number is a mandatory requirement for Permanent and Spousal Visa applications.

Please be aware that the health assessment conducted as part of the visa application process is valid for one year. Once the medical case has been submitted to the concerned visa office, a re-medical can only be conducted upon the instructions of your case officer.

---------------------------------------
Has anyone been in a similar situation?