+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical for Kid 8 years type 1 diabetes

Jul 23, 2017
Hello every one...
I have calculated my CRS points using CRS calculator as 445 and hopefully if I will apply , I will get ITA soon....unfortunately, One of my kids recently diagonosed as diabetes type 1 ...he is 8 years old and we just know his illness at last April....
Is that will lead to fail in medical examination and so rejection of our ITA as a family or not...

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello every one...
I have calculated my CRS points using CRS calculator as 445 and hopefully if I will apply , I will get ITA soon....unfortunately, One of my kids recently diagonosed as diabetes type 1 ...he is 8 years old and we just know his illness at last April....
Is that will lead to fail in medical examination and so rejection of our ITA as a family or not...
Sorry to hear about your child's medical condition.

I'm not an expert on these matters but someone I know (adult, primary applicant) has Type 2 diabetes and he got his PR a few months ago.

Good luck.

Jul 23, 2017
Thanks for your help.... the issue is that type 1 is permanaent and no treatment yet.... so I am afraid he might be rejected because he is inneed to insulin for ever .... ie insulin dependant
Sorry to hear about your child's medical condition.

I'm not an expert on these matters but someone I know (adult, primary applicant) has Type 2 diabetes and he got his PR a few months ago.

Good luck.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Unlikely to be an issue. I have come across many people in this forum who got pr who diabetes.

The only thing you need to check is the cost of kid's shot in Canada, and calculate how much it'd cost for the whole year. That needs to be below $6650 CAD, and the expense should not exceed that threshold in next five years for every year. That's the check they do. They also do kidney check if adults have diabetes, so your kid might get some additional test requirements too.

Jul 23, 2017
Unlikely to be an issue. I have come across many people in this forum who got pr who diabetes.

The only thing you need to check is the cost of kid's shot in Canada, and calculate how much it'd cost for the whole year. That needs to be below $6650 CAD, and the expense should not exceed that threshold in next five years for every year. That's the check they do. They also do kidney check if adults have diabetes, so your kid might get some additional test requirements too.
Thanks a lot for your detaild clarification

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
Thanks for your help.... the issue is that type 1 is permanaent and no treatment yet.... so I am afraid he might be rejected because he is inneed to insulin for ever .... ie insulin dependant
Hopefully this won't be a issue.

Like @DEEPCUR said, do some research about the costs and be prepared for some additional tests.

Good luck to you and your family.

Jun 23, 2019
Hello every one...
Prashant ... my 7 year old son is also tyoe 1diabetic.. and i want to apply for immigration... please guide me that my application will be accepted or not and what are the annual medical cost of daibetes which they calculate during assessment... please help as my case is very much identical yours