+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MEDIcal for estranged spouse

al_gt

May 20, 2014
Recently i have been given an invitation to apply for PR via the Expressed Entry route.Unfortunately myself and wife of 8 years have been estranged for several month which makes it difficult to request she undergo the medical exam. i have indicated she will not be accompanying me and i don't think that will ever happen based on where we are currently.
My lawyer is saying i should start divorce proceedings .... would this be enough proof to have my application go through?

Reactions: samvashishtha

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is all I could find:

"Document requirements

The divorce certificate is requested only when marital status is listed as divorced.
If the applicant divorced in Canada, a copy of the divorce order or certificate of divorce issued by the province or territory where the divorce took place must be provided.
If the applicant divorced outside Canada, a copy of a legal certificate issued by the country, the territory or the region where the divorce took place must be provided.
A copy of the legal separation agreement must be provided, if available."

IMO you'll have to wait until you get the divorce certificate.

Cheers ;)

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
I think there's an option for "Separated"? would that be a more accurate description of your situation?

al_gt

May 20, 2014
correct we are separated but not by law besides their are no kids involved. My major issue is what will be accepted by IRCC since a divorce and legal separation will take time so I'm wondering if i start the process if that will suffice

Jojcanada

Dec 4, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
al_gt said:
correct we are separated but not by law besides their are no kids involved. My major issue is what will be accepted by IRCC since a divorce and legal separation will take time so I'm wondering if i start the process if that will suffice
I got a legal separation agreement in days here in Canada and ex spouse signed pretty quickly.

samvashishtha

May 3, 2018
Recently i have been given an invitation to apply for PR via the Expressed Entry route.Unfortunately myself and wife of 8 years have been estranged for several month which makes it difficult to request she undergo the medical exam. i have indicated she will not be accompanying me and i don't think that will ever happen based on where we are currently.
My lawyer is saying i should start divorce proceedings .... would this be enough proof to have my application go through?
Hey al_gt, did you resolved the issue, i am in a same kind of situation?