+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Expired - No request from IRCC for redoing nor extended expiration - March SDS application - Anyone with same situation

Rohithkrish

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
I applied for study permit on 22th of august, with Medical done,
Got updet on GC portal on 15th October that you passed the medical exam
On 22 November my medical got expired,
And after 28th November it again shows "you do not need medical exam or anything" and medical passed message was disappeared .
2nd Dec Biomatrics done showed on GC portal on same day
but no update about MEDICAL WHAT TO DO? Confused
classes starts on Jan 12 Time is running wiled already deferred Twice
???
Raise a webfrom and I would suggest you to wait only bro because once they open the file and if they need any new information they will ask you or will provide you decision... Here what matters is when will our application get into their hands for review....

Huzzytin

Oct 31, 2021
Hi, my wife and i received our ITA in November 2020 and we passed our medical in Jan 2021. We had our medicals done in October 2020. We just received our PPR last week and have sent over our passports. My question is, the medical exam will have been expired by the time we receive the COPR, so will i receive an already expired COPR? If not then how much time will i be given on my COPR? Or will i need to renew my
Medical after receiving the COPR to travel. How would this work?

Reactions: Vidnomenon

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
Hi, my wife and i received our ITA in November 2020 and we passed our medical in Jan 2021. We had our medicals done in October 2020. We just received our PPR last week and have sent over our passports. My question is, the medical exam will have been expired by the time we receive the COPR, so will i receive an already expired COPR? If not then how much time will i be given on my COPR? Or will i need to renew my
First all congrats!
Secondly, your medicals already expired because it's already been more than a year since you did them. However, since you got PPR it means they've already extended them and so your COPR should be valid until sometime in 2022. Do you mind sharing your stream and timeline?

Huzzytin

Oct 31, 2021
First all congrats!
Secondly, your medicals already expired because it's already been more than a year since you did them. However, since you got PPR it means they've already extended them and so your COPR should be valid until sometime in 2022. Do you mind sharing your stream and timeline?
Hi and thanks alot! It was an arduous wait.

Well funnily enough we got the PPR on the same day our medical expired. Exactly one year later. I hope the COPR will be automatically extended. The question is though how much time will i have. Its not easy to wrap up your life in 3 months.

Express entry FSW and as for our timeline, we received our ITA in October 2020, submitted in November 2020, passed medical in Jan 2021 after which they removed our progress bar and told us due to Covid they have slowed down the process and will take more time than intended. The next update we received was in October 2021 to update my passport since it had expired since our submission. After which we received our PPR 27th October. Submitted the passports on 28th and here we are now.

Vidnomenon

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-01-2021
Med's Done....
27-10-2020
Passport Req..
20-06-2022
Hi and thanks alot! It was an arduous wait.

Well funnily enough we got the PPR on the same day our medical expired. Exactly one year later. I hope the COPR will be automatically extended. The question is though how much time will i have. Its not easy to wrap up your life in 3 months.

Express entry FSW and as for our timeline, we received our ITA in October 2020, submitted in November 2020, passed medical in Jan 2021 after which they removed our progress bar and told us due to Covid they have slowed down the process and will take more time than intended. The next update we received was in October 2021 to update my passport since it had expired since our submission. After which we received our PPR 27th October. Submitted the passports on 28th and here we are now.
You'll definitely get an extension and from what I've seen the extension is usually anywhere from 6 months up till a year, hopefully that's enough time to plan your move, otherwise you might want look into doing a soft landing.

Do you mind sharing your journey on the Outlander PPR thread? It's really encouraging for us who are still waiting.

You can just post in the following format;
AOR
Medicals passed
PPR Date
And your stream

My medicals expired just this passed week and I'm hoping for a story just like yours!

ZAtoCD

Champion Member
Nov 3, 2019
South Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Congrats! :) What's your country of residence and visa office?

Aman2021

Nov 6, 2021
Hello Friends! My medical was Expired on 2 November 2021 But on 3 November 2021 It was passed ( Surprisingly ). And Today on 9 November When i opened My GCKey Account I Saw My Status submitted to Application Profile Updated And Again Later now It's showing Submitted and Medical Passed is Vanished and it's showing we are currently reviewing the medical. We don't need medical now, we will inform you!!!!! Guys Please Tell me What Is Happening.

pcdreamcanada

Dec 26, 2020
Hello Friends! My medical was Expired on 2 November 2021 But on 3 November 2021 It was passed ( Surprisingly ). And Today on 9 November When i opened My GCKey Account I Saw My Status submitted to Application Profile Updated And Again Later now It's showing Submitted and Medical Passed is Vanished and it's showing we are currently reviewing the medical. We don't need medical now, we will inform you!!!!! Guys Please Tell me What Is Happening.
Hey Aman, same happened with me just yesterday. Do you have any further updates after that?