+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Examination

petpet

Mar 29, 2006
Good day! If Medical results of one of the family of principal applicant shows that he is positive in hepatitis B, it is a ground for disapproval of the application.thanks.

rhoda1017

Apr 19, 2006
Hi Petpet,

I think we are on the same boat. I am principal applicant and i applied last 2004. Late last year, my husband was diagnosed to have Hepa B (active surface antigen). He is now taking medication.

We are not yet due for medical but right now, am already worried if such medical condition will affect our canadian immigrant application.

I do hope that i can get some feedback on this matter through this forum.

rhoda

bujji1

Dec 9, 2007
I am in the same boat (Suffering from Hepatitis B) , Please let us know if you get any updates

send2cooool

Jul 3, 2008
hi. did u get through ur medical and immigration visa? let me know of your immigration status and how about ur hepatitis b problems affect your immigration case. ur response will be highly appreciated. thanks.

qbanky

Star Member
May 19, 2008
It really depends on what the medical provider and Ottawa decide. If they consider the illness to be such that would cause an "unreasonable burden" on the health system then you would probably be rejected. But there have been cases of people who have been approved with health care problems provided it was a treatable/manageable condition .....