+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Examination when I come to Canada?

sannaronnlund

Jun 25, 2013
Hi!

I am moving from northern Sweden to Calgary in September with the IEC program. I hope to be able to work within the health care in Canada since I just got my swedish Physiotherapist exam. I got an email from MyCIC that said I needed to get a medical examination before entering Canada to complete my application. For me it's over 500 miles to the closest panel physicans so...

- Does anybody know if I somehow can do the medical examination when I get to Canada? I have no job to go to my first weeks in Canada because I'm searching from there. I might not even work in health care.

- Or if I can change my application so that I don't need to do the medical exam to continue my application?

I've tried to contact the Citizenship and Immigration Canada but get no responses by phone or email.

sannaronnlund

Jun 25, 2013
I got an answer from the ambassy of Canada in Sweden that said:

"If you intend to work in health care in Canada, you must do a medical examination before your work permit is issued, and you can't enter Canada without your work permit. So you must do the medical first.

If you wish, I can cancel the medical requirement on your application and issue your work permit. However, it means that your work permit will be issued with the restriction "may not work in health care or with children"."

... If anyone els had the same question.