+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Examination for family members

saya

Nov 7, 2008
I will be grateful if somebody can answer my question.
In filing sponsorship application for my wife and 2 years old daughter, usual application process requires medical examination to be filed with the application. Is it possible to go through medical examination once they will finish with other things (like it is done in case of independent applicants)? My concerns are following.
1. Is it possible to do this way
2. If possible does it add any complication like delays or anything else in the process?

Thanks in anticipation for your valuable time and support in this regard.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

saya said:
In filing sponsorship application for my wife and 2 years old daughter, usual application process requires medical examination to be filed with the application. Is it possible to go through medical examination once they will finish with other things (like it is done in case of independent applicants)? My concerns are following.
2. If possible does it add any complication like delays or anything else in the process?

All it does is add delay to the application, because CHC will not process until the medical results are received.

PMM

ghiaskhan

The decision on your application & the Medical

A CIC officer will make a final decision on your application based on the current requirements for immigration to Canada. The decision will be based on several factors, including the results of your medical examination, and the criminal and security checks.

The officer will also assess the proof of funds you have provided, to ensure that you will be able to support yourself and your family when you arrive in Canada.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-after.asp#decision

roselean

Jul 29, 2011
Hi, I want to ask regarding medical exam..I received our medical exam notification last July 1 and we were given 60 days to submit it. Right now, I am still waiting for my husband who works abroad so that we could have a medical exam together. I understand that all family members should submit it to the embassy. My question is, Can I submit my medical exam as well as my children's results to the embassy in advance and my husband's medical exam will just follow when he arrives? or Is it really required to submit our medical exam together before the deadline? Would it be okay if we will just write a letter to the embassy to give us a little extension?This really bothers me. I'm afraid that this opportunity will be lost just because of the delay.. :(

Thanks.

aizee

Nov 26, 2013
Hello I just want to ask if having a medical history of missed abortion will have an effect my application for canada? I'm 22 years old and my mom is sponsoring me and my siblings? I'm anxious that it may affect my application and will not be able to go to canada. Hope you can help me. Thank you!!!

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saya said:

Are you sponsoring as a Canadian citizen or as a permanent resident? I ask that because if you are a citizen, your daughter will also be a citizen and will not need a medical to get into Canada. Also you do not say where your wife and daughter live. The requirements for a medical vary according to where they live; so check up what the document checklist for their country of residence says. Most of them require proof of the medical to be sent with the application and you risk having the whole application returned to you if you do not send it.

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roselean said:
Hi, I want to ask regarding medical exam..I received our medical exam notification last July 1 and we were given 60 days to submit it. Right now, I am still waiting for my husband who works abroad so that we could have a medical exam together. I understand that all family members should submit it to the embassy. My question is, Can I submit my medical exam as well as my children's results to the embassy in advance and my husband's medical exam will just follow when he arrives? or Is it really required to submit our medical exam together before the deadline? Would it be okay if we will just write a letter to the embassy to give us a little extension?This really bothers me. I'm afraid that this opportunity will be lost just because of the delay.. :(

Thanks.
If you were notified last July that you had to submit a medical in 60 days you are well out of time. Before worrying about other problems you had better check with CIC that your application is still valid.

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aizee said:
Hello I just want to ask if having a medical history of missed abortion will have an effect my application for canada? I'm 22 years old and my mom is sponsoring me and my siblings? I'm anxious that it may affect my application and will not be able to go to canada. Hope you can help me. Thank you!!!
I do not understand what you mean by 'a medical history of missed abortion'. Do you mean that you have a history of suffering miscarriages? I am for the present however more concerned about your assumption that your mother can sponsor you although you are 22 years old. Have you read the definition of dependent children in the Guide (IMM 3900 pages 4 and 5)? Which of the exceptions do you claim to fall under?

aizee

Nov 26, 2013
Hello, yes I'm 22 and I'm aware of the guidelines...I'm still a dependent and continuously studying...I got pregnant last 2012 and had a missed abortion in my 2nd month of pregnancy...What Im asking is that would my medical history of having missed abortion will make an issue on my application,me and my siblings are already done with the medical examand waiting for the results... but they are asking me to give a copy of my medical record....just want to make sure if it won't make an impact on my application as to having my visa for Canada... ???

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aizee said:
Hello, yes I'm 22 and I'm aware of the guidelines...I'm still a dependent and continuously studying...I got pregnant last 2012 and had a missed abortion in my 2nd month of pregnancy...What Im asking is that would my medical history of having missed abortion will make an issue on my application,me and my siblings are already done with the medical examand waiting for the results... but they are asking me to give a copy of my medical record....just want to make sure if it won't make an impact on my application as to having my visa for Canada... ???
I still do not know what a 'missed abortion' is. In any case you must comply with their request for your medical record and so will find out soon enough. Unless 'the missed abortion' is going to cause a danger to public health or safety (which seems unlikely) it is not going to matter anyway because you are a member of the family class and a child of the sponsor: see Regulation 38 (2).

aizee

Nov 26, 2013
Missed abortion happens when the baby on your womb is already dead..that's why they called it "missed" because for all you know your pregnancy is OK until you got to have an ultrasound on your 2nd monthly check up and found out that the baby has no heartbeat...Thank you for answering my concerns :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
wowsers said:
I still do not know what a 'missed abortion' is.
In Canada, it is called more commonly called a silent or delayed miscarriage.

The earlier posts you responded to are from several years ago.

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
The earlier posts you responded to are from several years ago.
Thank you for pointing that out. I have been wasting my time again. It would help people like myself who do not pay sufficient attention to dates if the moderator closed topics to new posts after a set time has passed!

aizee

Nov 26, 2013
No time wasted coz your helping me understand my situation regarding my issue. But still I'm anxious if the embassy will pass me in giving visa to Canada :(

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aizee said:
No time wasted coz your helping me understand my situation regarding my issue. But still I'm anxious if the embassy will pass me in giving visa to Canada :(
My time-wasting was in answering two other posts one dated 2008 and the other 2011! I am glad I have been able to give you some help: that was not a waste of time!