+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Examination Complete - What Now?

Fantasmu

Aug 24, 2015
Hi, my wife is applying for her permanent residency. They asked us to complete the medical exam, and we did it yesterday. I'm not seeing any instructions on any of the documents. What am I supposed to send to Immigration for her? They gave us an Information Sheet and said to send it to immigration, but other than that I'm really not sure and I don't know which address to use.

Thanks for the help. On the other hand, I'm very excited that we're at this point because her application package was sent back twice for corrections so this is progress!!

Reactions: Sarahannclarke5

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
after after medical exam...its the IRCC medical physician that will send the medical exam results to IRCC not the applicant.....refer medical request letter.

Fantasmu

Aug 24, 2015
You wait. Lots of waiting during the process.
Oh I'm absolutely fine with the waiting process. I'm honestly just happy that I have to wait at all because of how many times it got returned. Besides, she got the work permit until 2020 so we don't have to continually renew her temporary residency so it's a lot smoother.

I just didn't know if I was supposed to mail anything for the medical exam or if the doctor's office does that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oh I'm absolutely fine with the waiting process. I'm honestly just happy that I have to wait at all because of how many times it got returned. Besides, she got the work permit until 2020 so we don't have to continually renew her temporary residency so it's a lot smoother.

I just didn't know if I was supposed to mail anything for the medical exam or if the doctor's office does that.
No doctors office needs to send the results to prevent fraud. Monitor your email for any communication including your spam folder but weekly is enough.

Fantasmu

Aug 24, 2015
No doctors office needs to send the results to prevent fraud. Monitor your email for any communication including your spam folder but weekly is enough.
I emailed the medical office and this was their reply about sending documents to immigration:

"Hi,

We will send the results but you must submit the form we gave you prior to leaving the office. If you have a lawyer that goes to the lawyer and they submit it.

Thank you."

But I don't see any instructions from immigration to do so. To be safe I may just send it to immigration with a letter explaining that the doctor's office requested that I send this document in. It makes sense to me that I wouldn't need to send anything, considering they share the results electronically with immigration, but I'll do the cautious thing and send this in too.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
I emailed the medical office and this was their reply about sending documents to immigration:

"Hi,

We will send the results but you must submit the form we gave you prior to leaving the office. If you have a lawyer that goes to the lawyer and they submit it.

Thank you."

But I don't see any instructions from immigration to do so. To be safe I may just send it to immigration with a letter explaining that the doctor's office requested that I send this document in. It makes sense to me that I wouldn't need to send anything, considering they share the results electronically with immigration, but I'll do the cautious thing and send this in too.
That's odd. I remember seeing something about being careful to pick doctors who are in this electronic system so that they send it for you - as apparently some of the approved doctors aren't in the system so patients have to send their results - but I've never seen it be "halfway" in the sense that they send in your results, but you still have to send in something else.

Either way, better safe than sorry, yeah. Might as well send whatever they gave you in with an explanation.

Fantasmu

Aug 24, 2015
That's odd. I remember seeing something about being careful to pick doctors who are in this electronic system so that they send it for you - as apparently some of the approved doctors aren't in the system so patients have to send their results - but I've never seen it be "halfway" in the sense that they send in your results, but you still have to send in something else.

Either way, better safe than sorry, yeah. Might as well send whatever they gave you in with an explanation.
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing. I've got the document from the doctor's office and then I just wrote up a short paragraph explaining that they said everything would be submitted electronically but that we were asked to send this in.

Fantasmu

Aug 24, 2015
Ok, so I sent in the form that the clinic told me to.

That was way back in October/November. Should I have heard from them by now? We haven't had any new emails from them since they asked for the medical examination.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok, so I sent in the form that the clinic told me to.

That was way back in October/November. Should I have heard from them by now? We haven't had any new emails from them since they asked for the medical examination.
Not unusual to not hear anything for months. As long as you haven't received any new messages about sending in your medical you just have to wait.

Fantasmu

Aug 24, 2015
Not unusual to not hear anything for months. As long as you haven't received any new messages about sending in your medical you just have to wait.
We got a couple of new letters this past week. One was saying that I am eligible to be my wife's sponsor, and the second that she met all the requirements to be a principal applicant. For people who have been through this, does this mean that I am getting close to the end? I know they said the waiting period was 12 months, and the end of May will be our 12 months.