+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fallenstar831 said:
They are only looking for medical conditions that will cause abnormal strain on the health care system. Like AIDS, heart disease, diabetes and things lke that, but even the the latter two might not necessarily exclude you.
Just to clarify....Spousal applicants are exempt from the excessive demand clause. That means you cannot be denied entry for any condition that may place excess demand on the medical or social system. So you would NOT be denied for any of the above conditions. Spouses would only be medically inadmissible if they are considered to be a danger to public health or safety. That means either active TB or syphilis or potentially a psychiatric condition that makes you a danger to others.

Silver_Spirit

Nov 25, 2008
Peterborough, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
16-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
Okay thanks ;D that makes me feel a lot better about it then.
Can anyone shed any light on the previous question i asked, i dont want to start yet ANOTHER thread for it if possible!

Oh also. im planning on flying april 24th, and have booked a one way ticket (cant really afford more than that and need to be there for cousins wedding), do i need to get a visitor visa? or will i be okay to just wait out the rest of the process in canada? not sure how that bit works when entering the country with no visa and no intent to return to my country!

Silver_Spirit

Nov 25, 2008
Peterborough, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-02-2010
Doc's Request.
27-03-2010
File Transfer...
16-03-2010
Med's Done....
10-02-2010
Passport Req..
02-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2010
LANDED..........
17-07-2010
Just an update to let people know (and anyone else wondering about their medical) ;
For mine at the cambridge office with Dr Watson, it was a 30 min appointment, with usual checks, heart, throat, stomach, eyes etc, did the urine test on site and then took the blood, n was a very kind man too :) For the xray i literally got changed into a gown stood in front of a plate then got changed again, the whole proceedure minus travelling time probably took 40 minutes max.

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LC1 application vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
hello! i am just getting worried because i am a LC in canada and passed my application for PR with husband and a son, soon i guess they will have their medical, i am worried because my husband has a diabetes type 2 , but controlled and a little bit of heart problem and is taking medication. my question is that would it be a cause of medical inadmissability and refusal of my PR application in canada? when he will have his medical , should we say ahead of time to the DMP that he has a controlled diabetes and is taking medications? will that help? thanks and god bless!

Patricksgirls

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Spouses once again are exempt from the excessive demand clause. I would not worry about type 2 diabetes or the heart issue. If you were denied this would be a definite appeal overturn and they know that so doubt they would even think of doing that.
Unless you had some crazy IO looking and approving your application that is..... :D

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
Patricksgirls said:
Spouses once again are exempt from the excessive demand clause. I would not worry about type 2 diabetes or the heart issue. If you were denied this would be a definite appeal overturn and they know that so doubt they would even think of doing that.
Unless you had some crazy IO looking and approving your application that is..... :D
Only spouses and dependants for Family Class applications are excessive demand exempt. Spouses and dependants for all other classes (e.g. economic class.. Federal Worker etc) are NOT excessive demand exempt.

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
Silver_Spirit said:
Oh also. im planning on flying april 24th, and have booked a one way ticket (cant really afford more than that and need to be there for cousins wedding), do i need to get a visitor visa? or will i be okay to just wait out the rest of the process in canada? not sure how that bit works when entering the country with no visa and no intent to return to my country!
You should get a return ticket as you run the risk of refusal by the airline to allow you to board at the airport and refusal to allow you in by immigration in Canada if you only have a 1 way ticket. The only alternative to that with regards to Immigration is to have proof of sufficient funds to purchase a ticket later. In fact, it normally only costs a little more to book a return than a single - my son paid an extra £40 to get a return.

As a UK national (I presume) you do not require a visa to enter Canada, it is a visa-exempt country.

You can remain in Canada whilst the rest of the process is being done, however, should they require you to attend an interview you should be aware that you will be required to attend an interview in London. (Not likely, but you should be aware of that). You should not tell immigration that you have no intent to return - and you may need to show (if they ask) proof of continuing ties to your home country. However, if you have paid your application fee's you can show them a copy of the receipt to prove that you have an application for permanant residence in place (even if you haven't submitted it yet) and they should allow you in under the "dual intent" clause.

:)

Napiergen

Jul 9, 2010
Hi

My wife and I are about to embark on this whole immigration process. We've been married since September, I am Irish and she is Canadian. I have been living in Canada since but I do need to return to Ireland to get my medical done. After that we will send off our application. My questions are.....................

When I have finished my appointment with the Doc is that it? Do I have to wait months for results to come back or how does it work? Does he send off all relevent information and give me some sort of sorting number/receipt?

Also I do plan to make an outland application but will travel to and from Canada as the immigration process is in the mix. How soon can I return to Canada after my medical exam??

Hope that's all clear ;D

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
thanks patrckgrls! i hope that his medical would be fine! i feel that it would be fine for the medical thanks and god bless!

sweetypie

Aug 20, 2010
hi all,
im beeing sponsored by my husband.he has been approved an ecas says in process.when we were sending the sponsorship application my medical wasnt expired yet so i didnt do the medical,now that its expired i would like to do it but i dont know what different forms are needed to go to the surgery as for my initial medical the embassy provided all forms(in a sealed envelope)to give the doctor.
please your informations will be really appreciated as i would like to do my medical very soon.
thanks

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
Napiergen said:
Hi

My wife and I are about to embark on this whole immigration process. We've been married since September, I am Irish and she is Canadian. I have been living in Canada since but I do need to return to Ireland to get my medical done. After that we will send off our application. My questions are.....................

When I have finished my appointment with the Doc is that it? Do I have to wait months for results to come back or how does it work? Does he send off all relevent information and give me some sort of sorting number/receipt?

Also I do plan to make an outland application but will travel to and from Canada as the immigration process is in the mix. How soon can I return to Canada after my medical exam??

Hope that's all clear ;D
You can have the medical done in Canada - there is no need to return to Ireland just for that. (You can have the medical done at any Designated Medical Practitioner through-out the world).

When you have your medical the results are submitted automatically to CIC - you will only "hear back" from CIC if there is a problem. In spousal applications the medical is pretty straightforward as you are excessive demand exempt. You submit the receipt you are given by the DMP with your application (see link).

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp
There are some extra steps to follow if the person(s) you want to sponsor lives outside Canada:

Have the person(s) you want to sponsor complete the medical examination requirements. Instructions are in the application kit. There is also information about medical examinations in the I Need To… section on the right-hand side of this page.

Assemble the final application for permanent residence, including applications, supporting documents, and proof that the medical examination has been done.

You can return to Canada whenever you wish to, providing you can show a return ticket / proof of funds etc., you are visa-exempt.

You should ensure that you put down a contact address for your address in Canada to ensure that any correspondence is sent to you here (if you are planning on staying in Canada during the process).

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
sweetypie said:
hi all,
im beeing sponsored by my husband.he has been approved an ecas says in process.when we were sending the sponsorship application my medical wasnt expired yet so i didnt do the medical,now that its expired i would like to do it but i dont know what different forms are needed to go to the surgery as for my initial medical the embassy provided all forms(in a sealed envelope)to give the doctor.
please your informations will be really appreciated as i would like to do my medical very soon.
thanks
The embassy will send you a new form if they require you to do another medical.

samvan

Feb 16, 2013
Hello
I have an outside Canada sponsorship by my wife. my medical exams expired so i redid them while i am visiting my wife in Canada and the results were received in Ottawa medical center in Nov 8th, 2012.
Then, in Feb 7th, 2013. I received an email from Beirut visa office asking me do the medical exams!
how long does it take for the medical results to be received in overseas visa office from Ottawa?
are the medical results going straight to overseas visa office or processing center in Mississauga?
where are my medical result after 3 months?
please If anybody has any idea or similar experience!

rosellyalung

May 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/08/2010
@samvan- are u still in canada? My husband is here too