Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2015 (returned 1/19 due to errors), 26-01-2015
LANDED..........
05-02-2015 Finally
They are looking for things that are contagious like TB or things that would make you need a lot of medical care. Spouses are excessive medical exempt so since as far as I know, hemorrhoids aren't contagious or needing serious long term care so you're fine.

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rob_TO said:
In general it's risky to delay doing medical due to:
1. Possibility a visa officer in CPC-Mississauga could view app as incomplete and return it
2. Possibility that app will go on-hold for a set amount of time when visa office requests medical
3. Possibility that communication from CIC requesting you to do medical, will go to a wrong email address or for some reason not received properly. In general you want to limit the amount of times CIC needs to request info from you.
Thank you Rob_TO for bringing some common sense to bear on the subject. The rules I quoted in my earlier post ( for which, incidentally, I was awarded a minus score by some anonymous member; but I can guess who) are easily overlooked by a new applicant but once identified they are not difficult to understand or to implement. Rules are meant to be obeyed and it is a disservice to new applicants to suggest that they could get away with flouting them. And to answer BrianDell's point about onus of proof, fortunately most applicants who read that the application will be returned if no proof of a medical examination is enclosed will ensure that they comply with the instruction and so avoid trouble. Not unlike obeying a speed limit: obey it and the police will not intervene. Disobey and you might come a cropper. Successful applicants who obey the rules have no reason to write posts about their success.

cillyx5

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
AOR Received.
07-15-2015
I'm assuming the concern here is that the medical is only good for 1 year from the date of the exam?
Where is everyone getting the timeline info on outland applications? I'm told the one on the CIC website is out of date and that there's a live one somewhere…. I'd love to see it!

Thanks for your posts, guys.