+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam Upfront

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am planning to apply under CEC can I get my Medicals done upfront or do I need to wait till I receive ITA.

Please let me know.

UoW111

Aug 19, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada_pr_wanted said:
I am planning to apply under CEC can I get my Medicals done upfront or do I need to wait till I receive ITA.

Please let me know.
CIC recommends to wait for ITA first.

Quote from CIC website:

Do not complete any medical exam until you get an Invitation to Apply.

Link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
While a client do upfront medical, what type of report they check, for instance blood test they check if someone has HIV positive , is there anything else they look for from blood test?
Other query, in urine test they check if any sugar in urine. What if some someone don't have sugar but client has other problem in urine, would CIC reject PR application. Does anyone know answer those question.
Please clarify in someone experience about these.
Thanks in advance.

norppa

Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iceberge said:
While a client do upfront medical, what type of report they check, for instance blood test they check if someone has HIV positive , is there anything else they look for from blood test?
Other query, in urine test they check if any sugar in urine. What if some someone don't have sugar but client has other problem in urine, would CIC reject PR application. Does anyone know answer those question.
Please clarify in someone experience about these.
Thanks in advance.
Blood test is for HIV and Syphilis, unless your doctor specially asks them to check for something else because of your medical history.
When I had my medical exam, the doctor told me that they will contact me if there is any concern after screening(blood/X-ray/urine) tests.
So even if something goes wrong, I believe you will have a chance to talk with your doctor before they send the result to CIC.

canada_pr_wanted

Apr 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does our family members also need to get the Medicals Done even though if they are not coming with you.

This is what is says on the CIC Website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

I would say this is crazy

1. Medical exams

Do not complete any medical exam until you get an Invitation to Apply. You must have a medical exam before you can become a permanent resident. Your family members must also have one, even if they are not coming with you.

We will not approve your permanent resident application if your health:

is a danger to Canada’s public health or safety, or
would cause too much demand on health or social services in Canada.
When the panel physician completes the medical exam, they will either give you an information printout sheet, or an IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form. You must provide a copy the document they gave you when you apply online.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
norppa said:
Blood test is for HIV and Syphilis, unless your doctor specially asks them to check for something else because of your medical history.
When I had my medical exam, the doctor told me that they will contact me if there is any concern after screening(blood/X-ray/urine) tests.
So even if something goes wrong, I believe you will have a chance to talk with your doctor before they send the result to CIC.
Thanks norppa, I appreciate your prompt reply.

doobie.doobie

Apr 4, 2015
canada_pr_wanted said:
Does our family members also need to get the Medicals Done even though if they are not coming with you.

This is what is says on the CIC Website:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

I would say this is crazy

1. Medical exams

Do not complete any medical exam until you get an Invitation to Apply. You must have a medical exam before you can become a permanent resident. Your family members must also have one, even if they are not coming with you.

We will not approve your permanent resident application if your health:

is a danger to Canada's public health or safety, or
would cause too much demand on health or social services in Canada.
When the panel physician completes the medical exam, they will either give you an information printout sheet, or an IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form. You must provide a copy the document they gave you when you apply online.
By family members they mean, your spouse or dependants. Coz they also are eleigible for permanent residence once you are a resident.
Same does not apply to your parents, relatives or siblings.