+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical exam requested despite the fact that it’s already done.

ollaobied98

Aug 16, 2019
I applied for a study permit online from Sudan and I submitted an upfront medical (e-medical) along with my study permit application as you are given the opportunity to do so. I didn’t submit it after submitting the medical.
25-30 days later, I get an update on my account saying, ‘we’re reviewing your medical exam results’ then after a few days it changes into ‘we request a medical exam’ along with this new message. My medical exam was done VERY recently last July. I submitted two specific case inquiries to Canada and the visa office processing my application. I did that after visiting the medical center I did my medical exam in and they were the ones that told me to go email them. I’m out of options. what can I do?

Hassan7601

Jul 5, 2019
I had a similar case. I had applied from Pakistan on Paper. Initially when I linked my paper application, it showed medical passed after a few days and then suddenly it said medical not required. After 2 weeks I received my medical exam request despite my upfront medical. So I contacted my local IOM clinic and they told me that they had already sent my exam and they can't do another exam as it's valid for 1 year. I also tried to convince my clinic to send IRCC an email to tell them this but they said we can't do it. Now I am not sure if your 30 days have passed and if they have passed, it shouldn't matter since it's not your fault. This is a very common issue where they don't link upfront medicals. Then I went on this forum and searched online. People told me to submit IRCC webform for the visa office where you case is being dealt and I did that. I submitted like 3 case inquires to my visa office as well as a case inquiry to the generic webform. After one week they responded saying that they linked my existing medical. Also I am not sure which visa office deals with Sudan but you can also email your visa office directly. I would recommend when you fill out the webform, put the information below (that's what I did as well):

Hi!

I did my upfront medical exam at IOM [CITY NAME] on [DATE] but on [DATE] I received a medical request form IMM-1017E on my CIC portal.

I contacted the IOM hospital and explained my situation. They do have a record of me doing my medical and have uploaded my results. They won’t let me do another.

I hope you could resolve this problem as soon as possible. My UMI number as mentioned on my e-medical sheet is: [UMI NUMBER]. I believe you have to search my record using my UMI number.

Could you please look into the matter?
Please do send me an acknowledgment email or update email.

For your convenience, I have mentioned all the relevant details below. I am also attaching the following documents:
1. Upfront Medical
2. Passport
3. Medical Request Form IMM-1017E
4. IOM acknowledgment email [JUST THE EMAIL CONVERSATION WITH IOM]

Thank You.

My Details:
Application Type:
Given Name:
Family Name:
Date of birth:
Country of birth:
Passport Number: