+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam question, hope someone knows bout it

nitinboston

Mar 22, 2010
I got an email fromDelhi consulate. This is what they said - We are currently awaiting results of the medical examinations undertaken by you.
We did our medicals in Oct in USA and i got approved for sponsorship in Dec and Delhi started processing in Jan. Is there a lag between Ottawa getting the medicals and sending it to Delhi. From what i know, they would not have approved me as sponsor without medicals in place. I have no idea why they dont have my medicals yet, aby help will be greatly appriciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nitinboston said:
I got an email fromDelhi consulate. This is what they said - We are currently awaiting results of the medical examinations undertaken by you.
We did our medicals in Oct in USA and i got approved for sponsorship in Dec and Delhi started processing in Jan. Is there a lag between Ottawa getting the medicals and sending it to Delhi. From what i know, they would not have approved me as sponsor without medicals in place. I have no idea why they dont have my medicals yet, aby help will be greatly appriciated.
1. The medical has nothing to do with the sponsor.
2. You should contact the DMP to determine when s/he sent them to Ottawa, (they should have gone to Delhi) Then inform Delhi, I assume that you included a copy of the receipt IMM 1017 with the application.

PMM

Timmyify

Dec 22, 2009
Hello PPM,

Can you help with my case too please? my husband did his medicals in October 2009 and we did not submit our application until December 22. Do you think this will be a problem?

I did receive Sponsorship Approval from Mississauga on January 22 but that is the last we heard. My husband has since not received any letter or notification from Ghana Accra Office. Do you think they are waiting for our medicals or something?

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Timmyify said:
Hello PPM,

Can you help with my case too please? my husband did his medicals in October 2009 and we did not submit our application until December 22. Do you think this will be a problem?

I did receive Sponsorship Approval from Mississauga on January 22 but that is the last we heard. My husband has since not received any letter or notification from Ghana Accra Office. Do you think they are waiting for our medicals or something?

Thanks.
1. No, but the medical will expire in Oct/10 and if the application is complete he will require another one.
2. If you send the receipt portion from the Medical exam, Accra can find the medical results. The Acknowledgment takes about a month or so from Accra.

PMM

Timmyify

Dec 22, 2009
Thank you,

Yes we did include the Copy 2 of the medical result in our application. I am worried because it's been two months already and my husband's notification has not been received.

I was also told the medical result might be sitting with the CIC Medical Services Branch in Ottawa so I found the phone number yesterday and contacted a lady who promised to forward my husband's medical result to Accra Ghana the same day or the day after.
I haven't phoned back to confirm if she did because she did mention that she was only doing me a favor because the number I called was not an inquiry number. They only receive inquiries by fax and respond by fax.

Thanks again and if you have any suggestions it will be much appreciated.

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
The normal process is:
1.) you do the medical exam
2.) the doctor sends the results to their regional medical center
3.) when the visa office needs the results, they request them from the regional medical center - that is what they use the IMM 1017 form for.

So, it's perfectly normal for Ottawa to hang on to the results until the visa office requests them.

You shouldn't need to contact them unless there's a problem - sometimes, the visa office can't figure out what medical center the results are at (usually happens when you do the medical elsewhere than where the visa will be processed). That's why it's always a good idea to include a note with your medical form as to where the results are if you did the medical somewhere else than when you're expected to.