+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam-Protein in Urine +2

abny876

Feb 8, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I will be doing my medical exam next week and recently(last month) I have been diagnosed with proteinuria which means high protein in urine.My serum creatinine levels are perfectly normal and there is no blood in my urine(haemuturia) etc.I do not have any symptoms(no fever etc).It's only protein in urine which is ++.I have also been diagnosed with hypertension and high cholesterol and I have been taking medications for them.My blood pressure is normal now and I have not checked for my cholesterol levels recently.Recently I have had a kidney biopsy and my nephrologist has recommended me for taking steroid medication along with my hypertension(ACE inhibitors) and cholesterol medication.I plan to proceed with steroid medication after doing my medical exams for CIC which I will be doing in a week's time.Steroid medication may raise my blood sugar and might decrease my immunity and I might catch a infection before tests which is why I am delaying with the dose.Also according to my nephrologist the effect of steroids will show results typically after 4-5 months and I can't wait for that long for my CIC medical tests.I have also had other tests done like HIV,Hepatitis and they are all negative.I dont have diabetes either but I have history of it.My nephrologist has written on his consultation note that this might be IGA nephropathy.My all other blood tests are normal(like RBC,WBC,platelet count,iron,potassium levels etc).Also my kidney doppler says the kidneys functioning is normal but there has been a inflation on the kidneys due to protinuria.

I want to know how should I approach the situation.Most likely in the CIC medical test as well I think the urine protein will be positive.Should I take my nephrologist note before exam explaining the health of my kidneys or will CIC ask me to get this done at later stage.I want to avoid any delay in the processing.Also how will CIC view my case as?.I know they will ask me to do further tests but they have already been done.

If anyone has similar experience please give your feedback.

Many Thanks.Appreciate your assistance. ;)

Mikias

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I will be doing my medical exam next week and recently(last month) I have been diagnosed with proteinuria which means high protein in urine.My serum creatinine levels are perfectly normal and there is no blood in my urine(haemuturia) etc.I do not have any symptoms(no fever etc).It's only protein in urine which is ++.I have also been diagnosed with hypertension and high cholesterol and I have been taking medications for them.My blood pressure is normal now and I have not checked for my cholesterol levels recently.Recently I have had a kidney biopsy and my nephrologist has recommended me for taking steroid medication along with my hypertension(ACE inhibitors) and cholesterol medication.I plan to proceed with steroid medication after doing my medical exams for CIC which I will be doing in a week's time.Steroid medication may raise my blood sugar and might decrease my immunity and I might catch a infection before tests which is why I am delaying with the dose.Also according to my nephrologist the effect of steroids will show results typically after 4-5 months and I can't wait for that long for my CIC medical tests.I have also had other tests done like HIV,Hepatitis and they are all negative.I dont have diabetes either but I have history of it.My nephrologist has written on his consultation note that this might be IGA nephropathy.My all other blood tests are normal(like RBC,WBC,platelet count,iron,potassium levels etc).Also my kidney doppler says the kidneys functioning is normal but there has been a inflation on the kidneys due to protinuria.

I want to know how should I approach the situation.Most likely in the CIC medical test as well I think the urine protein will be positive.Should I take my nephrologist note before exam explaining the health of my kidneys or will CIC ask me to get this done at later stage.I want to avoid any delay in the processing.Also how will CIC view my case as?.I know they will ask me to do further tests but they have already been done.

How did your application go?

maricelpba

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Good day! May I know how your application went?