+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam for transgender individual

Kabocha1

Jan 12, 2022
I've completed biometrics and awaiting the medical exam step in my EE PR application.

I'm fully transitioned transgender, have already had sex reassignment surgery, etc.

For various bureaucratic reasons I have not updated my legal gender marker in my birth certificate/ passport.

Therefore my biometrics and EE PR application both show my old gender.

I'm concerned about the medical exam. If a doctor assesses my body, does blood work, etc. the results of the examination will be skewed as some blood tests will be out of range for normality to the registered gender, BMI will be off, etc.

I also usually bind my breasts and dress gender neutral in situations with government authority to ease interaction. Should I not bind during the medical exam?

Is there some way to include a note on my transgender identity with my medical exam?

I'm currently living in a country where doctors will not be helpful at all with this. Does anyone have experience with this, or any advice?

Any information is appreciated, thank you!

AD1818

Feb 2, 2022
Any update on this? Did they have an issue with you being trans?

I'm a trans man and currently starting the whole immigration process. Was also wondering about the medical exam and if I should disclose that I'm trans.

Kabocha1

Jan 12, 2022

I'm a trans man and currently starting the whole immigration process. Was also wondering about the medical exam and if I should disclose that I'm trans.
Still waiting for IRCC to request a medical exam, will update here once I've completed the medical examination.

Good luck with everything on your end!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I've completed biometrics and awaiting the medical exam step in my EE PR application.

I'm fully transitioned transgender, have already had sex reassignment surgery, etc.

For various bureaucratic reasons I have not updated my legal gender marker in my birth certificate/ passport.

Therefore my biometrics and EE PR application both show my old gender.

I'm concerned about the medical exam. If a doctor assesses my body, does blood work, etc. the results of the examination will be skewed as some blood tests will be out of range for normality to the registered gender, BMI will be off, etc.

I also usually bind my breasts and dress gender neutral in situations with government authority to ease interaction. Should I not bind during the medical exam?

Is there some way to include a note on my transgender identity with my medical exam?

I'm currently living in a country where doctors will not be helpful at all with this. Does anyone have experience with this, or any advice?

Would be upfront with the doctor that you are trans. No need to not bind. Medical tests don’t require you to undress in front of the doctor. Blood and urine tests shouldn’t be impacted by being trans.

Any information is appreciated, thank you!

Kabocha1

Jan 12, 2022

I finally had the medical exam last week. I disclosed my trans status / surgery in detail at every stage of the medical process. I also brought documentation with me of the endocrinologist I see occasionally that prescribes my hormones / measures blood samples.

It seems that it went well as I showed that my trans situation is "under control" and is managed, in that I won't be a detriment to the Canadian healthcare system.

I was not able to view any of my medical report in detail that they sent to IRCC, so not entirely sure how they described my status, so will wait and see when IRCC gets back to me.

erinmann

May 31, 2022
United States
Category........
BUSINESS
Really, good information provide to all medical students. Thanks to u for great work.
I'm Erinmann, a healthcare content writer with more than five years of experience creating clear, simple, engaging material. I primarily write about online marketing, but all of my content is designed to educate readers on a variety of healthcare relevant, and concerns, including sexual health. At Buygenmeds, our customers are our top priority. We put our customers first and provide that high-quality health care wherever on the world. Buygenmeds is a licenced online pharmacy with goals to be the greatest in the world. Our top objective is to deliver affordable pills without losing quality to our consumers. Every day, we strive to be a bet ter version of ourselves, and we commit to keep our product of the highest quality.
Visit more : Cenforce, Vidalista