+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam for pregnancy

quannm3110

Jun 23, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding to the medical exam that IRCC requested us to redo (We did 2 years ago and got the PR approval already but because of Covid, we couldn't activate the PR as expected).

We (me and my wife) did all the tests in Singapore except for X-ray test with my wife since she's pregnant at the moment. I acknowledge that she will have to do that after she gives birth but how should the application status will look like in the website.

Currently, in the "Review of medical results", it said that "We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request". In the header, they said that they are processing our application and will let us know if there is anything they need more from us.

We got the request from 20 May 2021 an did the exam on 7 June 2021 and this new notification is updated on 20 Jun 2021 (one month after the request date). I am not sure what we should do in this scenario. I tried to contact them using the form in https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx but got no reply yet.

I just afraid that this event will affect our application and they might reject us. Would love to hear from your experience of how to deal with this case.

Thank you all.

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding to the medical exam that IRCC requested us to redo (We did 2 years ago and got the PR approval already but because of Covid, we couldn't activate the PR as expected).

We (me and my wife) did all the tests in Singapore except for X-ray test with my wife since she's pregnant at the moment. I acknowledge that she will have to do that after she gives birth but how should the application status will look like in the website.

Currently, in the "Review of medical results", it said that "We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request". In the header, they said that they are processing our application and will let us know if there is anything they need more from us.

We got the request from 20 May 2021 an did the exam on 7 June 2021 and this new notification is updated on 20 Jun 2021 (one month after the request date). I am not sure what we should do in this scenario. I tried to contact them using the form in https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx but got no reply yet.

I just afraid that this event will affect our application and they might reject us. Would love to hear from your experience of how to deal with this case.

Thank you all.
hi can you share your timeline and expeirince? I am in an exactly similar situation.

quannm3110

Jun 23, 2021
Hi, sorry for my late response. I haven't come back to the forum for a while. I will give me a detailed timeline if I have time today but overall I think you don't need to worry about that (like I did last time).

They haven't received it yet because they will wait for your wife's X-ray test to process everything simultaneously. Just ask the clinic to update IRCC about your situation and that your wife will do it after she gives birth. It will certainly slow down your application processing time, but you don't have any other option.

Also, I think it's better if you send a message to them via the webform that I posted to have evidence that you have updated IRCC about the change.

I guess you're gonna experience some further delays in the future if you want to add your baby to your application. You can only do that after he/she is born. so prepare for that also.

Hope this help.