App. Filed.......
09-06-2015
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront, 21-07-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
Please I would like to know what tests are carried out for the medicals. Please urgent response

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legro said:
Please I would like to know what tests are carried out for the medicals. Please urgent response
These are medical tips that I got from this forum:

Be in reasonably good physical condition. If you have high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol or if you are required to undergo for a surgery let these things fixed and under control prior to exam.
Be prepared to answer all questions honestly to the best of your knowledge. Honesty is both asked for and appreciated
Don't drink any alcohol at least 72 hours before the exam.
Practice a healthy diet the week prior to your medical exam. Minimize the use of salt and avoid excess fatty, greasy, heavy or generally unhealthy foods before the exam
Limit intake of caffeine ,black tea.
Avoid to use pain killers unnecessary.(ask your doctor)
Avoid strenuous activities including jogging, weight lifting or swimming.
Do not smoke or chew tobacco.
Get a good night's sleep.
Consider scheduling your exam in the morning, preferably upon waking, your body is most relaxed in the morning.
Be at DMP office about 30 minutes early
Make sure that you are clean and well-groomed for the physical exam. It can make it more difficult for a doctor to accurately check you out if you are much less than clean. For example, the condition of your fingernails can tell a doctor something about your bone health, but it can be hard to tell if your nails are mistreated and dirty
Spend a few days before your exam as stress-free as possible. Try to take it easy and to relax.. Take the time while waiting at the doctor's office to calm yourself and distress. Take a few deep breaths, chew gum, read, anything to help you relax. You're likely to have a blood pressure and heart rate that is closer to normal.

msh_ca

Star Member
Aug 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you get medical request, can you please share your timeline?

f_karar

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
Submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
24-8-2015
legro said:
3. Medical Request Letter/ Acknowledgement Letter from Canadian High Commission (if have any).
4. Vision card or any previous medical history record (if have any).
5. Total Fee for the above mentioned is PKR. 6,720 it should be in cash.
6. Fasting state is not required for the screening
Health Screening is comprises of following and according to visa class & age.
Blood Sampling (If required according to visa class)
· General physical examination.
· Chest X-ray according to age
· Urine examination according to age
General Instructions:
For children 5 to 11 years
They have to bring the result sheet of the last annual examination.
For elderly
Applicants have to mention about their mobility need.
For all ages
All applicants will be required to undress as part of general physical examination all body skin would be examined except genitalia, so be prepared and wear appropriate undergarments.
For female
It is advisable to all female applicants that not to proceed health screening during their monthly period. In case of your monthly periods, please get an appointment date on any later date
Note: Do not bring any kind of luggage and unnecessary belongings with you.

You are requested to bring your valid Polio vaccination certificate at the time of your appointment

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hey dude I hope this helps....

You will have this done :
1. Physical examination (general check up... you will be weighted as well, blood pressure, etc etc etc)
2. Eye exam (Snellen chart), so if Yo wear glasses you should bring them.
3. Chest x Rays, that's mainly to rule out Tuberculosis.
4. HIV blood test, ti find out if you are infected with either HIV 1 or 2 virus.
5. VDRL blood tests, this one is used to find out if you have shypilis...
6. Deep stick urine examination, mainly to rule out the presence of proteins to rule out Kidney injury.
7. Interview (to find out what ever disease you may have, or had, or if you take any medications, etc).

I am a Medical Doctor also...
So no need to go there with out eating... you just go there and that will be it

Also my doctor even told me he could email me a copy of my report to my email... but not every doctor might be willing to do the same...

What you should bring with you:
1. Formulary issued by CIC (should have received an email with it attached)
2. 4 photographs meeting the specs (not needed if result are sent by eMedical.. ask your doctor)
3. proof of ID, usually passport or national identity card

I would suggest to look for a doctor who will send reports through e Medical, since it's faster and will speed up your visa.

legro

Star Member
May 18, 2015
App. Filed.......
09-06-2015
Med's Request
18-07-2015
Med's Done....
upfront, 21-07-2015
LANDED..........
06-09-2015
Wolfpmd3 said:
Hey dude I hope this helps....

You will have this done :
1. Physical examination (general check up... you will be weighted as well, blood pressure, etc etc etc)
2. Eye exam (Snellen chart), so if Yo wear glasses you should bring them.
3. Chest x Rays, that's mainly to rule out Tuberculosis.
4. HIV blood test, ti find out if you are infected with either HIV 1 or 2 virus.
5. VDRL blood tests, this one is used to find out if you have shypilis...
6. Deep stick urine examination, mainly to rule out the presence of proteins to rule out Kidney injury.
7. Interview (to find out what ever disease you may have, or had, or if you take any medications, etc).

I am a Medical Doctor also...
So no need to go there with out eating... you just go there and that will be it

Also my doctor even told me he could email me a copy of my report to my email... but not every doctor might be willing to do the same...

What you should bring with you:
1. Formulary issued by CIC (should have received an email with it attached)
2. 4 photographs meeting the specs (not needed if result are sent by eMedical.. ask your doctor)
3. proof of ID, usually passport or national identity card

I would suggest to look for a doctor who will send reports through e Medical, since it's faster and will speed up your visa.
thanks bro, this is quite helpful. Booked an appointment with one of the select hospitals in my Country for upfront medical check. Want to submit all at once in order to hasten my application.

Reactions: Manob75

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
legro said:
thanks bro, this is quite helpful. Booked an appointment with one of the select hospitals in my Country for upfront medical check. Want to submit all at once in order to hasten my application.
Thats the best... It took me exactly 1 hour and 10 minutes to get everything done... including xrays, interview, physical exam, and blood samples.... and the Doctor sent the results only about 3 hours later...

2 days after that, my visa was issued...

So congrats!! :p

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
Wolfpmd3 said:
Thats the best... It took me exactly 1 hour and 10 minutes to get everything done... including xrays, interview, physical exam, and blood samples.... and the Doctor sent the results only about 3 hours later...

2 days after that, my visa was issued...

So congrats!! :p
Two days? Wow! That was way too fast! As for me, I am expecting a medical furtherance request because they found small traces of blood in my urine, and they also have to review my x-ray results since I had undergone PTB treatment 2 years ago. Regarding my MVP, they didn't ask about it so I didn't tell them that I have the condition. :(

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Yes it was really fast... I was told by many people to expect a wait of maybe 2-3 weeks... But it was fast... But maybe was because I had to wait for 9 weeks overall so I deserved to get it fast after medicals hahaha

Good luck bro, blood traces in urine might not be something really serious there are many things that could cause that so don't worry you should be fine dude...

Good luck

Floje

Champion Member
Jan 23, 2015
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2015
Med's Request
May 11, 2015
Med's Done....
May 20, 2015 Med's Passed.: May 28, 2015 Refused........: June 3, 2015 Second App...: June 4, 2015
Passport Req..
June 15, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 15, 2015
LANDED..........
August 21, 2015
Thanks Doc!

Actually, I had this blood in my urine for quite some time already, and in March of this year, when I was hospitalized due to anxiety (probably caused by my MVP or just psychological), my urinalysis showed small traces of blood, so I was advised to take an ultrasound. They found out that my kidneys, bladder and urethra were normal, so I was not advised to take medications.

So yeah, I just hope CIC will not take it seriously.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Floje said:
Thanks Doc!

Actually, I had this blood in my urine for quite some time already, and in March of this year, when I was hospitalized due to anxiety (probably caused by my MVP or just psychological), my urinalysis showed small traces of blood, so I was advised to take an ultrasound. They found out that my kidneys, bladder and urethra were normal, so I was not advised to take medications.

So yeah, I just hope CIC will not take it seriously.
Dont worry...
I am guessing you are young... so shouldnt think of anything weird...

Good luck with it!

shyguy

May 22, 2015
Re: MEDICAL CHECK : specific query

I was diagnosed with testicular seminoma (a type of tumor) about 8 years ago. My left testicle was surgically removed (scars visible on pelvis). It was a very early stage and as a precaution, I was given radiation therapy. By the grace of God, I have been completely tumor-free ever since. All my reports have been absolutely normal, except for slightly high cholestrol (nothing to do with the tumor).

My question is, during the physical exam, will the doctor ask me to strip completey (in which case he will surely ask about the scars). Once he comes to know, is it a deal breaker? ( I remember reading on the canadian immigration website that a 'serious health condition' is enough to deny you a visa). Secondly, if the doctor does not actually ask me to strip completely and asks me orally whether I have any medical condition, should I upfront mention about this past ailment or avoid mentioning since it is a thing of the past? Please reply. MY doc appointment is in two days time, in hyderabad. Thanks.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
OK, I am a doctor so there it goes...

Having beendiagnosed with such condition in the past... And been cured after surgical remotion of your gonad is not gonna be an issue at all in my opinion..

Presently you don't have any disease.. You had a disease but now you don't mm.. You are curved you shouldn't worry about it.

Usually your condition might have been due to an un descended testicle..... So there is no chance for that to happen to your other testicle... Maybe I am wrong of the cause because I don't know your medical history....

You should not worry about it your disease was cured a long time ago..

You have two options, the first one is trying to hike than past... Which is works... Will be just fine... But if they see your scar they will know you underwent surgery and risk for a denial for hiding information from them...

The second option is to tell the truth to the doctor and try to bring a copy of your medical files from where you received treatment in the past.

My opinion is that it would not make any sense to try7to hide something you are cured from already and that exist almost no chances of recurrence since your testicle has been surgically removed a long time ago...

Good luck

shyguy

May 22, 2015
Thank you for your reply doctor. Well it wasn't caused by an undescended testicle. Even the surgeon said the reason is unknown. Your reply was helpful indeed. Thanks again.

iamonit883

May 6, 2019
Medical Condition: Specific query

This is regarding declaration of any medical condition in form IMM5419e. I was treated for colon cancer in Feb 2011 and I am undergoing continuous check up with all the required tests done at yearly basis and I am absolutely fit till date. Further, i have all the reports available with me.

While review of Medical form IMM5419e, I note following two points:
3. Prolonged Illness History
7. Cancer in last five years

I am confused now, shall i declare my surgery in point number 3 as I have scars and incision on my body OR shall I go ahead without declaring anything because I don't have cancer in last 5 years?
If I declare, my application may be rejected under "Excessive demand on health" clause. Request your feedback on my case.