+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical blunder - please help me decide the way out

peacefulmind

Jun 9, 2013
Please help me a way out. I am very worried about it.

I am applying for s study permit to Canada.Yesterday I had medical at the hospital and they approved it without any health issue.During the conversation with the concerned doctor, he asked me if I have any major disease.As I don't have any, so I said No.

But today I looked at the forms that I have to submit for VISA app, I found that I have to submit IMM1294E i.e.Application for a Study Permit Made Outside of Canada.In this form, there is a question which is as follows

"Within the past 2 years, have you or a family member ever had TB of the lungs or has been in close contact with a person with TB?"

As my father expired last year.My father was diagnosed with TB.But the cause of death was unknown, so can't say whether it was due to TB, but yes he had TB.

So, shall I write here YES

If I am writing it as Yes, do I need to go through the medicals again.As I don tell during my medicals about it, because they dont ask for it and I was unaware of this fact.

Or should I write No.

Please help me and suggest a way out as I am very worried about this thing.

KEM

Sep 11, 2006
as it was not fully diagnosed that your father had TB then you should tick NO.. dont go deep inside, its better to hide these kind of health issues ... Tick no no no in every box which ask you any kind of health issue..

peacefulmind

Jun 9, 2013
ok.. Thanks . The idea of asking this question was just to be make sure that I am on the right track.Its better to ask from experiened ppl like you in forum.

Saf_khan

Star Member
May 23, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London - UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Skipped
LANDED..........
01-09-2013
You can proceed with NO, because death cause is not given in the documents.
so, no need to go deep inside.

peacefulmind

Jun 9, 2013
I paid first sem. fee and I have a loan of 12 lacs from bank.

I was filling the IMM1294 form, I came across this

My expenses will be paid by: Other
Other Brothers

Is this the correct way of filling this data.

And same goes for student questionnaire form.

Please share your opinions.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Whether or not your father died from TB or some other disease process is not the question being asked. It asks if you have been in close contact with someone with TB in the past two years? Was your Dad being treated for active TB in the past two years? Or was his TB diagnosed and treated before that? Did you have a chest X-ray as part of your medical? TB is a significant public health issue. Lying about your contact is serious.