+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical and Passport request, some questions

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Hi all,
A friend of mine has just received medical and passport requests. She has been given 60 days for medicals and 30 days for pasport submission. Here are her questions:

1. How long after medicals are done with the DMP, the CHC normally receives the results?
2. Is this passport request for visa stamping or it is only for verification?
3. How long it normally takes to receive the passports back?
4. No request for RPRF has been made. Does this tell you something?

Thanks for sharing ...

Gregor

Star Member
May 28, 2009
1. How long after medicals are done with the DMP, the CHC normally receives the results?
Hi wpc71,
Q1. Usually it takes around 7 days to receive all result, if DMP is happy with all the results, it is then posted to CIC, post timing depends on where you live
Q2. Most of the time they ask for passport after medicals for stamping visa, some people get request to submit everything medicals, passports and RPRF
Q3. That depends, see trackit.com for time frame, you'll see how long it takes to get your passport back after submitting, your friend case will be different, since passport will probably reach CIC before medicals
Q4. Are you sure your friend has not already paid the fee when submitting all docs?
Gregor

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi wpc,

The DMP shall send it the next day or at max in 2-3 days, by direct courier. The courier, most likely, shall land the docs to CHC by 3-4 days [depends on distance to the CHC].
With the fast track process, this is for 'visa stamping'.
30-45 days.
For a fast track applicant, this is your PPR.

Hope that helps.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Thanks Gregor and qorax for your inputs.

Gregor, No, she has not yet paid the RPRF. She has not been asked to do so yet. Would it be safe if she paid now without being asked?

Thanks...

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear wpc...

If she is not a fast track applicant & hasn't paid the RPRF already, then my reply to your 4th point doesn't apply. This pp request is for scrutiny only. However, probably the CHC shall ask her for the RPRF seperately/shortly, if everything is fine.

Regards.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Thanks qorax
Yes, she IS a fast track applicant. So you mean this passport request is fir visa stamping? She will be so happy to hear that!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
In that case read that letter carefully, the CHC must have asked for the RPRF also.

yvdr

Jan 1, 2010
Hi All,
Can you please suggest me what can i do in the following situation.

1. Attended for Medical on Nov 4.
2. Sent the RPRF, Passport and Proof of Funds on 26 Nov.

Upto now I didn't get any updates from cic delhi. I enquired with my friends. They told, because of Christmas and Jan 1st they won't work. I will get within one week. Also, I have shown proof of funds as fixed bond. It is expried on 6 th January. Is it any problem.

Thanks for your reply.

Fira123

Jan 7, 2010
qorax said:
In that case read that letter carefully, the CHC must have asked for the RPRF also.
I did my medical on October 19 and sent the Right of permanent residency fees at the same time. They didn't ask for passport at that time. My visa processing center is Singapore. Till date I haven't received anything from the office. When inquired they replied back that "You file's final decision pending from Canada. Please await further to hear from this office". I completed by B.Sc. in Canada and when applying as per the process i had send the RCMP (Royal Canadian Metropoliton Police) clearance. Any idea why it is taking so long for passport request or even why decision is pending in Canada.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Fira & Yvdr,

We should expect the PPR only after 3-4 months of med results. Thus, we need to have patience & wait a bit, my friends. In any case, sending an email to CHC after 3 months [requesting an update] is fine.

Regards.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Hi qorax
Correct me if I am wrong. In fast track (new rules of the 38 jobs), if they ask for passports along with medicals, this is for visa stamping. Am I right?

This friend of mine submitted full documents 8 months ago and this is the first correspondence after the AOR from the CHC. They have asked for updated proof of funds, medicals and passports at the same time. They have not asked for RPRF yet.

What do you think?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear wpc...

In the 'fast track' system [post Nov 08], there r many cases where the meds+Pps+RPRF r being asked in one go. That becomes their PPR. And they r getting their visas straightaway.

In your friend's case, it seems to be something diff. As w/out the RPRF there's no way that CHC'll issue the visa. Thus, I'm confused as well. Like I asked before, maybe somewhere in that meds letter, the CHC has also asked her for the RPRF, which u guys have overlooked. So, recheck once again.

If not, it can be either the CHC themselves overlooked it [doubtful though] or this Pps requirement is NOT for Visas. But I suggest, plz send the RPRF draft also with her Pps. One never knows... she might get her visa too, imdtly.

All the best, pal !