Me and my twin brother has the same UCI

dreibass

Jan 22, 2024
Philippines
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
VFS MANILA
My bro has existing visa already since last year (2023). I just applied mine last November 2023. My application got approved but biometrics is no long required. But the thing is, i have the same UCI with my twin brother. The portal is detecting me as my twin and his biometrics shows up on my application. Ircc is already requesting for my passport but his name and uci shows up on my account. I’m wondering where can i email them? Been sending webforms since November but no response at all. Thank you in advance for answering.

dreibass

Jan 22, 2024
Philippines
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
VFS MANILA
Didn't you get a "Biometrics Collection Letter" when you submitted your application?
You can find your corresponding visa office (here the list: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices.html) and call them, or have someone in Canada calling on your behalf.
I didn’t received a biometrics collection because they are detecting my twin brother’s uci and his biometrics is showing up. I already have a passport stamping request but no biometrics collection. I need to have my own uci.

Jan 5, 2024
I didn’t received a biometrics collection because they are detecting my twin brother’s uci and his biometrics is showing up. I already have a passport stamping request but no biometrics collection. I need to have my own uci.
On the visa forms that you submit, there's a field for UCI, which you'd leave blank in case you had never applied for Canadian visa. If that's the case, then most likely they have done something wrong. I'd say try calling them.

dreibass

Jan 22, 2024
Philippines
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
VFS MANILA
I left the UCI part blank. But to my surprise, my twin’s uci started to appear on my application. I don’t even have any idea what a UCI was when I submitted my application.

bechay24

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have twin brothers as well who have the same name but have a suffix to differentiate them. The other one has II and the other has III. Others I know have Jr or IV. Do you and your brother have that in your birth certificates? If you have that, you might want to put that in your applications so that the system will be able to differentiate you. See if you can access your file and edit it so that your name will appear properly.

Reactions: dreibass

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I left the UCI part blank. But to my surprise, my twin’s uci started to appear on my application. I don’t even have any idea what a UCI was when I submitted my application.
That messed up situation. I guess Portal pulled last name, date of birth, country of birth and pull your brother's UCI. If you are outside of Canada, try sending email to local Canadian Embassy

Mike131313

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
My bro has existing visa already since last year (2023). I just applied mine last November 2023. My application got approved but biometrics is no long required. But the thing is, i have the same UCI with my twin brother. The portal is detecting me as my twin and his biometrics shows up on my application. Ircc is already requesting for my passport but his name and uci shows up on my account. I’m wondering where can i email them? Been sending webforms since November but no response at all. Thank you in advance for answering.
I don't know if your problem solved or not. But I lived in Canada as a Student with my UCI number of my twin brother for three years. After that, when I applied for work permit, it came back that "Congratulation! You have already a work permit". Then, I called IRCC at +1 888-242-2100, and sent them a webform. They created a new UCI for me. After that, when I was applying for Canadian Citizenship, they told me they cannot find those three years as a student. So, I called again, and after a month they brought my history to my new UCI. Please call IRCC now and tell them your UCI was mixed up with your twin. They will create a new UCI for you.

Last edited:

dreibass

Jan 22, 2024
Philippines
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
VFS MANILA
I don't know if your problem solved or not. But I lived in Canada as a Student with my UCI number of my twin brother for three years. After that, when I applied for work permit. It came back that "Congratulation! You have already a work permit". Then, I called IRCC at +1 888-242-2100, and sent them a webform. They created a new UCI for me. After that, when I was applying for Canadian Citizenship, they told me they cannot find those three years as a student. So, I called again, and after a month they bring my history to my new UCI. Please call IRCC now at +1 888-242-2100 and tell them your UCI was mixed up with your twin. They will create a new UCI for you.
Hi! Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, this is not yet solved. I’m still waiting for their response on my webforms. Been sending since November 2023 but no response at all. It’s not just uci that we've been sharing, but it’s his name also appears and also his biometric information.

Reactions: Mike131313

albloshi_sa

Jul 28, 2019
There is no other option then they make a manual change on the application.
You also need to make sure, your first and last name is different then your twin brother. Only Suffix difference is not enough.
Your First name: John
Your Last name: Cena
then
Your twin name : John II
Your twin last name: Cena
The difference should be part of your name. Otherwise the system will take the particulars of your twin and attach it to yours.

dreibass

Jan 22, 2024
Philippines
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
VFS MANILA
There is no other option then they make a manual change on the application.
You also need to make sure, your first and last name is different then your twin brother. Only Suffix difference is not enough.
Your First name: John
Your Last name: Cena
then
Your twin name : John II
Your twin last name: Cena
The difference should be part of your name. Otherwise the system will take the particulars of your twin and attach it to yours.
Hi

my name is Andrei and his name is Andrew

Mike131313

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Hi! Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, this is not yet solved. I’m still waiting for their response on my webforms. Been sending since November 2023 but no response at all. It’s not just uci that we've been sharing, but it’s his name also appears and also his biometric information.
Yes, I tried the webform first. However, for these types of special cases such as yours, you eventually need to call them and explain for them that your UCI is mixed up with your twin.

I wish I knew this before. It is such a headache!

Reactions: dreibass

dreibass

Jan 22, 2024
Philippines
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
VFS MANILA
Yes, I tried the webform first. However, for these types of special cases such as yours, you eventually need to call them and explain for them that your UCI is mixed up with your twin.

I wish I knew this before. It is such a headache!
Still figuring out on how to call them coz im from the Philippines.

Mike131313

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Still figuring out on how to call them coz im from the Philippines.
I researched a little bit. I think you have two options here:
1) You can send your passport, and get a visa, and enter Canada and then you can call them.

2) Use apps like Freetone, textme, textnow, Fongo to create a number in Canada in order to call them.

I did the first one because I did not know that my UCI is the same as my twin for three years after entering Canada. However, I remember that both of us (my twin brother and I) have done biometerics before getting our visas.