+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mcmaster's final decision? fall 2014

moiz_arif

May 16, 2014
Hi,
My file has been available for potential supervisors from 8th april 2014, yet I have received no news. My program is M.Eng Software Engineering. Does anybody know here how much time does it usually takes? Mid-may has already passed and i am highly concerned about it. I have around 75%(i.e. 3.4ish gpa) and 98 on toefl.

srinivas.rao

Apr 5, 2014
hi

me too applied in similar period of time.
still waiting for reply.

can u let me know details about fee
my contact is rao.srinivas1989@gmail.com.

can u pls let me know your contact as well.

tipsy

Oct 6, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
24-09-2018
Doc's Request.
03-01-2019
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
Med's Request
30-11-2018
Med's Done....
01-12-2018
Interview........
30-04-2019
when did you submit your application? did you try to contact the department?

moiz_arif

May 16, 2014
I submitted my application on 30th January. It was deemed 'eligible'/complete on 8th april. I did contact them, they said majority of the decisions will be made in may so if your status changes you will be notified

dok

Apr 20, 2014
moiz_arif said:
Hi,
My file has been available for potential supervisors from 8th april 2014, yet I have received no news. My program is M.Eng Software Engineering. Does anybody know here how much time does it usually takes? Mid-may has already passed and i am highly concerned about it. I have around 75%(i.e. 3.4ish gpa) and 98 on toefl.
May be you should have tried to contact some of the professors in the department with the same research interest as yours. Perhaps, it might not be too late. What don't you give it a trial!!

moiz_arif

May 16, 2014
dok said:
May be you should have tried to contact some of the professors in the department with the same research interest as yours. Perhaps, it might not be too late. What don't you give it a trial!!
i already have. When my documents were completed the first thing I did was to email the potential supervisors. I got no response from them.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Then all what you need to do now is to pray harder because if the admission office can't find you a supervisor, your application will finally receive a rejection. In these universities finding a supervisor and a research topic is a re-requisite for admission.

My advise is that, should you be required to apply again: try to contact the faculty professors to agree upon a research topic before finally sending in your application. So assuming you couldn't get a supervisor then it makes sense to try another university till you secure a professor willing to supervise you. It's always better that way.

Let's hope that the admission office scrape this rule of linking with supervisor and a reaearch topic before admission. I wish Vaibhav_92 and you all the best in your application.

vaibhav__92

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Thanks for the advice .
i have even applied to york and ryerson.
I have done some research and have mentioned in my profile.

moiz_arif

May 16, 2014
Hey thanks for the reply
but I dont get it why do you need a supervisor for M.Eng, theres no mention of research for the whole program. Concordia exempts the search of a supervisor too for M.Eng
Anyway yes I have applied to other unis too.

mizan776

Jan 27, 2014
Muscat, Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-06-2014
Med's Request
Exempted
Med's Done....
Exempted
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
21-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-07-2014
LANDED..........
19-08-2014
The big shot univs have limited seats for the MEng students. Also for completing a project work, you will require a supervisor to advice you.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
moiz_arif said:
but I dont get it why do you need a supervisor for M.Eng,
If your university doesn't require this, then you'll get admission without the need for an up-front supervisor. However, most universities match potential students with supervisors before acceptance. You may check your university for further details as it differs from department to department.