+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MCC verification for Doctors

Preeth

Dec 4, 2018
Hi, for verification of Diploma degree i.e. DNB in ophthalmology, what should I do? Do I need to create two separate accounts, one for M.B.B.S another for DNB at physiciansapply.ca . Can you please guide? Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just want to warn you that you have almost no chance to be a practicing ophthalmologist in Canada unless you went to school in a few select countries like US, UK, etc. There is a slight possibility to become a family doctor but it is still incredibly small. Before deciding if you should immigrate you need to consider other potential career options.

Preeth

Dec 4, 2018
Just want to warn you that you have almost no chance to be a practicing ophthalmologist in Canada unless you went to school in a few select countries like US, UK, etc. There is a slight possibility to become a family doctor but it is still incredibly small. Before deciding if you should immigrate you need to consider other potential career options.
Hi Canuck, what are the other potential options available? Can you please help? I m open to other options.

I want to put my resume in Express entry pool and hence I am trying to get the verification done so that I get points.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not exactly sure. Really depends on your previous degrees and professional experiences. You are likely looking at another degree if you graduated from medical school out of high school and have worked as a doctor for a few years. Not sure why you would come to Canada. You could actually use your degree with some testing or training in almost any other country. Seems crazy to start from zero. Canada is not that great. I would look at the UK (or other EU countries), US, Gulf region, etc.