+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBBS applying for MCC ECA for Express entry

IMG 2019

Jan 27, 2019
Dear senior members with MBBS back ground kindly help to get few things clarify.

Info for MBBS candidates applying for MCC( Medical Council of Canada) for ECA( Education Credential assessment through Express entry (EE) for Permanent residence (PR)

Category 1 : IMG ( No ECFMG certification applying for PR through EE - Need to follow MCC ECA route?

Category 2 : Process for IMG( International medical graduates) who are ECGMG certified. ( primary vs dependent )

3. What happens if MBBS candidate is Primary vs dependent applicant ? if Primary then MCC ECA is must if dependent WES canada will work ?

Kindly clarify to this above confusing topic. All senior IMG who has gotten PR can help. Greatly appreciate your valuable time. Thanks !

IMG 2019

Jan 27, 2019
I am MBBS doctor from India. I have completed my USMLE exams. Also received an ECFMF certificate.

I have created a profile on MCC - paid their fees for Degree evaluation

Normal process: once MCC receives my documents - they will send to ECFMG for verification- ECFMG will send it to our home country( 2-4 Months) - once they receive it back - ECFMG will send report back to MCC- Done - Apply for ECA

Q 1: As, I am already ECFMG certified, Now ECFMG already verified my credentials and my records must have in their database so Do ECFMG still needs to send it to home country and waste 3 months of precious time?

if I am primary applicant I need to do MCC ECA but what if I am dependent on my spouse, will WES canada ECA work?

I have found following information but still process is not clear for ECFMG certified MBBS candidates

Ref MCC website : If you already have an ECFMG International Credentials Services (EICS) number and the exact same credentials have been source verified previously through the ECFMG, you will still need to create an SVR and send your documents to the MCC for review. These documents will then be sent to the ECFMG to confirm that they were successfully source verified. This confirmation process could take between 5 to 10 business day. Once complete, your document status will be shown in your physiciansapply.ca account.

obinna4real

Feb 1, 2019
Please I need clarification.im a doctor trying to apply for express entry.i started my educational credential assessment by WES before I found out it should be MCC.Im almost done with it,can I use WES ECA for the purpose of express entry?or do I have to start all over with MCC?