+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBA in Laurier University or MBA ISP in Brock?

Winnie99

Apr 12, 2017
Hello everyone,

I'm newbie. I'm applying for some MBA programs: Brock ISP and Wilfrid Laurier.

Can anyone please advise me about these programs in terms of quality and reputation?

Also, is the 8-month Pre-MBA (Laurier) or the Professional Masters Preparation Course (Brock) counted for Post Graduation Work Permit?

Thank you in advance.

Milan1211

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I believe Brock is a good option as they are providing optional co-op.
It also depends on your profile.. please share some information.

I am not sure on the post graduation work permit.

Tx

Winnie99

Apr 12, 2017
Hi,

I have 2 bachelor degrees: 1 in Management Information Systems, 1 in Business Administration. I have 11 years working in HR.

The point is I am applying for Brock MBA (International Student Pathway), not the traditional one.

For Wilfrid Laurier, they also offer MBA Co-Op, but this is for less than 2-year working experience only. I took the Pre-Assessment and they said I could not apply the Co-op in Laurier.

What I am concerning is the reputation of the schools to employers.

Both schools have accredited MBA as far as I know. But not sure about real quality, especially job opportunities for international students.

Thank you.

Milan1211

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
OK, so I think in your case, Brock is the good option as there isn't any bar for the co-op. Still check with them and see what they have in feedback.

Rgds

Milan1211

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
In addition to my previous comment, Brock MBA ISP is meant for international students only. So, you will get good exposure learning with students over the globe.

Winnie99

Apr 12, 2017
Hi Milan1211,

Are you in contact with someone in Brock University?

I applied but not yet received feedback. I'm interested in the Professional Masters Preparation Course too.

Milan1211

Star Member
Apr 12, 2017
I am not in contact with anyone but if you have applied with all necessay documents, you will be given an update on the portal.

You can try to find the email address for Jason Barfoot on brock website, he may assit you with the questions.

Regards
Milan

Nruiz7

Jul 28, 2019
Hi Winnie
Can you tell me what did you do? I am in a similar situation now, since I am planning on apllying to the Brock MBA.

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I'm newbie. I'm applying for some MBA programs: Brock ISP and Wilfrid Laurier.

Can anyone please advise me about these programs in terms of quality and reputation?

Also, is the 8-month Pre-MBA (Laurier) or the Professional Masters Preparation Course (Brock) counted for Post Graduation Work Permit?

Thank you in advance.