+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 28th,2015 Citizenship Test Scarborough,ON, PASSED, But SHORT on days????

Oct 30, 2013
I saw that my online status mentioned that I have to come write the Citizenship Test at the Scarborough,ON center in May, 2015. I didn't receive my letter in mail and called the CIC call center twice, finally an agent said I can still go to attend my test with the online printout as I will be on the Test schedule.

I was allowed to write the test and PASSED.

But, then I am told that I AM SHORT ON DAYS!!, so I am very confused, if I was short on days, how come I was allowed to write the test.

What am I suppose to do, just wait??

Unfortunately I also moved from Canada after applying for my citizenship to accompany my Canadian Spouse for his employment in US, so now I am stuck!

Forum Member please HELP:
=====================
1. I am trying to find out is there a calender time limit within which I need to complete the shortage of days, or is an open thing, whenever I complete my days (my ways of vacations/family visits) I am OK.
2. Anybody has similar experience and help me get pointed in the right direction.
3. Should I be rushing back to Canada to complete the shortage of my days?
4. My address in Canada also changed from ON to MB, should that complicate matters more or perhaps bring my file up on the pile and hopefully someone will let me know soon how many days I am short by?

Pls help, guide and advise. Thanks!

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First things first: *are* you short on days? Have you verified?

Accompanying your Canadian spouse outside Canada counts for permanent residence, so you shouldn't need to worry about that; unfortunately not for citizenship.

When did you apply for citizenship, & when did you leave Canada?

bestfriendever

Apr 21, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lammawitch said:
First things first: *are* you short on days? Have you verified?

Accompanying your Canadian spouse outside Canada counts for permanent residence, so you shouldn't need to worry about that; unfortunately not for citizenship.

When did you apply for citizenship, & when did you leave Canada?
Unfortunately, this happened with me. I took the test a while ago and after the Test I was RQed and had to go see a judge because they found out I was short on days. This happens more frequently with people who apply right on the day they become eligible. My advice? Always apply with a buffer of at least a month or two.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
giantwheel2000 said:
I saw that my online status mentioned that I have to come write the Citizenship Test at the Scarborough,ON center in May, 2015. I didn't receive my letter in mail and called the CIC call center twice, finally an agent said I can still go to attend my test with the online printout as I will be on the Test schedule.

I was allowed to write the test and PASSED.

But, then I am told that I AM SHORT ON DAYS!!, so I am very confused, if I was short on days, how come I was allowed to write the test.

What am I suppose to do, just wait??

Unfortunately I also moved from Canada after applying for my citizenship to accompany my Canadian Spouse for his employment in US, so now I am stuck!

Forum Member please HELP:
=====================
1. I am trying to find out is there a calender time limit within which I need to complete the shortage of days, or is an open thing, whenever I complete my days (my ways of vacations/family visits) I am OK.
2. Anybody has similar experience and help me get pointed in the right direction.
3. Should I be rushing back to Canada to complete the shortage of my days?
4. My address in Canada also changed from ON to MB, should that complicate matters more or perhaps bring my file up on the pile and hopefully someone will let me know soon how many days I am short by?

Pls help, guide and advise. Thanks!
It is not that unusual to be invited to take the test and then afterwards be told you are getting an RQ.

1. Did you apply with any buffer days? Or did you apply on exactly the 1096th day? And did you use CICs online calculator?
3. Doesn't matter (much) because for your days requirement, it only applies up to the day before the application date. Days in Canada NOW will not apply to the residency requirement
4. Changing your address from ON to MB is not as much an issue as the fact that you don't live in Canada anymore. CIC takes a dim view towards people who leave Canada after applying. They even made a new clause that requires you to stay in Canada for the duration of processing. Fortunately this clause came after you applied so it does not apply to you. But CIC may at least give you a hard time about it.

ezz1981

Star Member
Apr 27, 2013
Similar thing happened to my wife:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rq-received-20-days-short-please-advise-t225350.0.html

In her case, and after consulting with a lawyer, we withdrew her application and submitted a new one.

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ezz1981 said:
Similar thing happened to my wife:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rq-received-20-days-short-please-advise-t225350.0.html

In her case, and after consulting with a lawyer, we withdrew her application and submitted a new one.
yeah there is another person on this forum who was rejected after 5 years because he was short of 56 days.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/after-5-yearsrejected-t313296.0.html

Please check how many days were u short of and try to find out how u made that mistake.

In old process u were allowed to give test, and may be your case will be sent to Judge. Then it is in hands of judge and ur luck judge approves ur application or rejects.

My suggestion if u are eligible to apply today with new Residency requirements, preferable withdraw this one and start fresh. If not then keep ur this application active and see where it take u until u become eligible again.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestfriendever said:
Unfortunately, this happened with me. I took the test a while ago and after the Test I was RQed and had to go see a judge because they found out I was short on days. This happens more frequently with people who apply right on the day they become eligible. My advice? Always apply with a buffer of at least a month or two.
What was the result/outcome when you appeared before the judge? Or are you still waiting?

Oct 30, 2013
NO,I am still waiting to hear back from CIC, I haven't seen a Citizenship Judge yet, unfortunately in my case, even if I withdraw my application now, I can't apply for a new one unless I return back to Canada and complete all the Physical presence days under the new revised law after 3-4 years.
I am just going to have to wait and see where this one takes me... :-\

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You haven't answered the most important question that's been asked: Are you really short on days or does CIC just think you are short? If it's the latter, can you prove that you are not short on residency days?

If you are in fact short on residency days - how short are you? A day or two - or more?