+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Izytiti

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
This entire security assessment process doesn’t make sense. Why would someone who knows that he/she is doing illegal stuff put themselves under spotlight by applying for Canadian citizenship. Why would the security agencies wait for someone to apply for citizenship to investigate them for security reasons. I called the IRCC phone number last week and requested the agent to give me an update on when they will be able to finalise my application. The agent was very rude and told me this is Canada and this is how things work. I told him I live in canada and calling from within canada and know my rights. He then got a bit grounded and said I can use the complaint form to voice my concerns.
We literally are strangers begging to become citizens. We have no rights and no one is advocating for us. They do as it pleases them. How on earth would any serious security institution use more than a month to establish a threat to a nation? A security threat must be removed as fast as possible but the duration it is taking CSIS is mind boggling and should be a concern to all Canadians. At a point one would have to speak their mind to IRCC and be free. It is unacceptable that innocent people are being treated like some detainees from Guantanamo Bay! It hurts knowing that your presence is considered a national threat and that one must to go through months and months of screening, profiling and surveillance before a citizenship can be granted. This is only for a select few, and the criteria are known only to them!