Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
Oct 4, 2012 9:00am
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
dkera said:
it would be extremely nice to have them get to my application by end of July (keeping in mind that Rome is the SLOWEST VO in Europe... double the time than let's Turkey... 6 to 12 months for 80% cases.. sucks....... and even though it's hard not to feel jealous for the 30 days people in late may got their approvals...
dkera.....you will definitely have your AOR by the end of July....the processing is going so much faster than it was...hang in there......my VO is slow too....10 months and my approval was almost 4 months so possibly looking at 14 months in total for me :( but I try to stay positive it makes life so much easier!!!! :D

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KJG said:
dkera.....you will definitely have your AOR by the end of July....the processing is going so much faster than it was...hang in there......my VO is slow too....10 months and my approval was almost 4 months so possibly looking at 14 months in total for me :( but I try to stay positive it makes life so much easier!!!! :D

i try... but when you see all Vos in europe taking about 6-7 months and Rome takes 12... and then you wait 3 months for sponsorship and people in late may get it in 30 it's hard not to feel a bit unfairly treated

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
dkera said:
i try... but when you see all Vos in europe taking about 6-7 months and Rome takes 12... and then you wait 3 months for sponsorship and people in late may get it in 30 it's hard not to feel a bit unfairly treated
I understand....truly I do....my file was only transferred in June and people who applied at the same time have already got PPR's and some are on their way to Canada already...but you just have to be positive...and when the jealousy/envy bug starts to creep in...not it away otherwise it will make the wait unbearable......and the other thing is you cannot change it....that is the way it is...so try to keep busy in the meantime.....!!!!

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KJG said:
I understand....truly I do....my file was only transferred in June and people who applied at the same time have already got PPR's and some are on their way to Canada already...but you just have to be positive...and when the jealousy/envy bug starts to creep in...not it away otherwise it will make the wait unbearable......and the other thing is you cannot change it....that is the way it is...so try to keep busy in the meantime.....!!!!
i have a question..

in rome for example it says 20% 5 months ...... 80% 13 months...

for what reason is there such a big difference? for example if you have children, would it be more time required or less ? if you were younger would it be an advantage or less ? would your education count as to your applicaiton being processed faster??? i mean it's 8 months between 5 and 13...

why the difference? i am trying to understand why an application could be over in 5 months and another in 13

KJG

Champion Member
Jun 4, 2012
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
June 14, 2012
File Transfer...
June 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 3, 2012
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 4, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov 9, 2012
dkera said:
i have a question..

in rome for example it says 20% 5 months ...... 80% 13 months...

for what reason is there such a big difference? for example if you have children, would it be more time required or less ? if you were younger would it be an advantage or less ? would your education count as to your applicaiton being processed faster??? i mean it's 8 months between 5 and 13...

why the difference? i am trying to understand why an application could be over in 5 months and another in 13
every case is different and every vo agent handles things differently....sometimes it is a matter of getting missed documents...more clarification....new documents...interviews....etc. there is no hard and fast rule about the why's and how's......

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
dkera said:
I agree.. seeing people getting approved now within 30 days after I've been waiting 2 1/2 months is incredibly difficult, and some Aprilcants have been waiting even longer than I. I don't think it's fair for people who got their approvals sooner to call 'sour grapes' on anyone who might be taking longer and feel saddened by the unfair treatment. I feel like I've been slapped in the face by an icy fish regarding the un equal processing times at CPC.

About why some applications take longer in the second stage.. sometimes they request new documents or evidence or an interview and this can cause big delays.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KJG said:
every case is different and every vo agent handles things differently....sometimes it is a matter of getting missed documents...more clarification....new documents...interviews....etc. there is no hard and fast rule about the why's and how's......
so if they don't require any more documents then you should pretty much be in the 20% or 30%...

it's not a question about how many people you are sponsoring, or your income, or your education or whatever

rahulchd

May 15, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 May 2012
AOR Received.
14 Aug 2012
File Transfer...
20 Aug 2012
Interview........
Telephonic Interview 10 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
11 Sep 2012, Passport recd by New Delhi on 17 Sep 2012
VISA ISSUED...
In Process: 11 Oct 2012, Decision Made: 30 November 2012
LANDED..........
10 Dec 2012, Destination: Edmonton, Alberta
thomas_saint said:
thanks Rahulchd.. will pray for all of us to get the visa's soon ...
HI! Thomas,

Even me and my wife have been in relation for 7 years before getting married , we even mentioned we met at the uinversity during our master's, so we have almost same case love cum arranged. And she did baptizism before marriage as she is from sikh religion basically.

bonitanita

Feb 8, 2012
St. John's
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 April 2012 rcvd 2 May 2012
Doc's Request.
04-12-2012 sent to High Commission on 21-12-2012
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
25/07/2012
Med's Done....
28 March 2012
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Issued: 14/01/2013 Rcvd: 24/01/2013
Steph C said:
I agree.. seeing people getting approved now within 30 days after I've been waiting 2 1/2 months is incredibly difficult, and some Aprilcants have been waiting even longer than I. I don't think it's fair for people who got their approvals sooner to call 'sour grapes' on anyone who might be taking longer and feel saddened by the unfair treatment. I feel like I've been slapped in the face by an icy fish regarding the un equal processing times at CPC.

About why some applications take longer in the second stage.. sometimes they request new documents or evidence or an interview and this can cause big delays.
Hopefully they get to us early may applicants this week.... anymore late may approvals and I might explode.

thomas_saint

Jun 15, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2012
LANDED..........
Destination Toronto.. will be flying this month end..
rahulchd said:
HI! Thomas,

Even me and my wife have been in relation for 7 years before getting married , we even mentioned we met at the uinversity during our master's, so we have almost same case love cum arranged. And she did baptizism before marriage as she is from sikh religion basically.
very nice to read about your love marriage... hope we all get the visa's soon... :)

CdnRNUSN

Star Member
Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9 2013
AOR Received.
July 20 2012
File Transfer...
July 31 2012
Med's Done....
March 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 9 2013
I'm kinda wondering if this is the reason i have yet to get our AOR!?! My husband has two children whom we have both included in the application but are not accompanying him to Canada. The mother has custody of the children and the father-children relationships are, unfortunately, non existant. What we did was basically include a letter in the package waiving all rights to sponsorship under the family class in the future and that they have estranged relationships. So obviously they didnt have the medicals. Im really thinking thats the reason we havent heard anything yet :(

R151NG5UN said:
No every single member of your family be it siblings, parents or children (Dependant or not) You maybe getting confused with who needs medicals/ Police checks in which case you would be right but you must disclose all details of family members otherwise it can be classed as misrepresentation.

The form that requires additional family information is IMM5406 and your parents should also be included on form IMM5669

alish

May 1, 2012
http://tinyurl.com/76xr8cz
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
08/09/2012
Med's Done....
01-03-2012
Passport Req..
02-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-11/12-2013
LANDED..........
LANDED!!!!!! 02/25/13
any good news for Monday morning??????? :) we need to be POSITIVE and start the week off with LOTS of AORS :D

thomas_saint

Jun 15, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2012
LANDED..........
hope we get many AOR's today... :)

KaviVenk

Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-07-2012
File Transfer...
17-07-2012
Passport Req..
10-08-2012, In process Sept. 20th, Decision Made Sept 23, Passport Returned Sept 27th!
Paying for the RPRF fee that we forgot to include as part of the initial submission, :(. Got the receipt printed out, the info on it , those are the details of the sponsor right, ie. client id, address etc. This was what I did for the payment of the sponsor and principal applicant fee when submitting the application first in May.

Has anybody else been in a situation where they forgot to send the RPRF fee intitially also? I called the agent today, and they mentioned as long as this is done before the Passport Request or any request for this fee, it shouldn't delay the process. We just got our AOR last week on Friday, and I guess this would be an opportune time to submit it. The agent mentioned I could email it to them.

Cheers!

Fingers crossed for everybody else in May! :)

thomas_saint

Jun 15, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
11-07-2012
IELTS Request
NA
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31/10/2012
LANDED..........
Hi Fayou,BCgirl2012

any updates from your side? its been a long since we heard from you all...