15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
Sanj said:
Hi Guys ,
I initially applied under Provincial Nominee Program and when my application was at final stage i got married and added my spouse in my application. Now the Processing of my and my spouse's file is over and we received passport request for both of us . Now the problem is that my spouse is in India and they requested our passports in Canada. I read couple forums where people said that it is against Indian law to get the passport to canada or any other country if the passport holder is still in India, so I emailed cic and asked them to arrange any office in india where my spouse can submit the passport. I haven't heard anything from them since then . It has been 4 days no response to email .
Should I send another email or what should I do ... Have no clue what should be my next step.
Please help me guys who have been through the similar kind of situation....
Hi Sanj,

First of all congratulations on getting passport requests.

I think you are already in Canada/USA and your visa office is CPP-Ottawa.

I have got my PPR almost 4 months ago and they have mentioned in my email as below.

If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office.

Please double check your email as well and see if they have mentioned the same in your email....I believe it should be there. If not, just contact them at the above email address.

Finally, nothing to worry about your case, because as far as I know, your wife can get PR visa stamped in India. Good luck.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
sarayu said:
Hi Sanj,

First of all congratulations on getting passport requests.

I think you are already in Canada/USA and your visa office is CPP-Ottawa.

I have got my PPR almost 4 months ago and they have mentioned in my email as below.

If you or any of your family members are residing outside North America and you are unable to send your/their passport(s) to Canada and/or to provide a return mailing address in North America, contact us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca so that we can make arrangements to print visas at another office.

Please double check your email as well and see if they have mentioned the same in your email....I believe it should be there. If not, just contact them at the above email address.

Finally, nothing to worry about your case, because as far as I know, your wife can get PR visa stamped in India. Good luck.

Thanks,
Sarayu.
Thanks for reply buddy !! yeah I got that email from cic and i already replied them back for making an arrangement for visa office in India . I haven't heard anything back on that email so far , I was expecting a quick reply but unfortunately i didn't received one ... do you know how long does it takes them to make arrangements and email us back , or should I ask my spouse to send me the passport and i can mail both together

agill34

Jul 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 24, 2014
AOR Received.
January 15, 2014
Med's Request
January 15, 2014
Med's Done....
January 28, 2014
Passport Req..
July 24, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
Waiting
Sanj said:
Thanks for reply buddy !! yeah I got that email from cic and i already replied them back for making an arrangement for visa office in India . I haven't heard anything back on that email so far , I was expecting a quick reply but unfortunately i didn't received one ... do you know how long does it takes them to make arrangements and email us back , or should I ask my spouse to send me the passport and i can mail both together
They usually take about 20-30 days to reply back. I personally will wait for their reply. It will be better if your wife gets visa stamped in India. I don't think you should take the risk of mailing the passport here and get in any kind of trouble.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
Sanj said:
Hi Sanj,

Believe me it took just one hour to get reply from CPP-Ottawa when I sent them emails in last Feb. However, it will change from time to time and as the other guy said, it may take about 20-30 days as they have to arrange for your wife's visa stamping in India.

I DON'T suggest you to send them an email again instead please wait and be patient. And importantly, don't ask your wife to ship or send your passport to you. It will always be better that if she can get her passport stamped in India so that she can fly right after getting it.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

Sanj

Star Member
May 13, 2013
agill34 said:
They usually take about 20-30 days to reply back. I personally will wait for their reply. It will be better if your wife gets visa stamped in India. I don't think you should take the risk of mailing the passport here and get in any kind of trouble.
Thank you , Yeah i am thinking the same ...

Dsand

Jun 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-10-2013
Interview........
PRFR-14-02-2014- dec made 16-05-2014
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2014
LANDED..........
05-09-2014
wildkizmark said:
hi Dsand, may I ask what is MP?

if that will be the best way to have an answer, please reply and have message here...

is your paper also in Nova Scotia?
Hey, so i talked to them yesterday, and they haven't gotten back to me yet, ill post something when they do. And i am in Quebec, so it's an MP from the region

Dsand

Jun 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
File Transfer...
30-09-2013
Med's Request
30-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-10-2013
Interview........
PRFR-14-02-2014- dec made 16-05-2014
Passport Req..
22-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2014
LANDED..........
05-09-2014
Oh and sorry, MP means member of parliament. I did not contact my MP from my locality, since my friend had a contact with an mp from another riding. I contacted them because essentially from reading posts here, i had two options, ask for my notes, or get an MP to act as your representative and try to get an answer from CIC.

rush74

Jul 11, 2014
Dsand said:
Oh and sorry, MP means member of parliament. I did not contact my MP from my locality, since my friend had a contact with an mp from another riding. I contacted them because essentially from reading posts here, i had two options, ask for my notes, or get an MP to act as your representative and try to get an answer from CIC.

hello bud, i'm in same situation. Got decision made on 15th may 2014 since then nothing happened getting sick of it. Can you please upload what would your local MP say?

hime

Jun 15, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
LANDED..........
22-05-2015
I am a new applicant and way behind you guys but I feel it's very frustrating that you guys are still waiting for PPR and some people who applied after you got their PPR.

Anyways, everything will workout great for you all and these days will pass.

All the best

sk123

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sanj said:
It has been 8 days and still waiting for a response to my email from cic ..
I've been waiting for over 3 weeks...I guess you could contact an MP

sk123

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sanj said:
How about if I send another email tomorrow .. will this work ??
I dont think so...now I just think no email could reach them...

But I asked for note from CIC website last week. It will need one month to give the note back to you. Personally, I think this works better than emails...