+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Masters without Bachelors - Spouse

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

Due to the nature and field of his job, my spouse did not require a Bachelors degree..he has done a 2 year diploma.
After this 2 year diploma and several years of work, he did a post graduate diploma, followed by an MBA.

WES has evaluated all 3 certificates this way:
2 year diploma
1 year post graduate certificate
Masters Degree

Overall equivalency is Masters Degree..

My question is: How do I upload his educational documents? The upload link clearly says "XX Must have a Bachelors degree before Masters"

I'm not sure what I should do...

1 - Is it safest to just remove it completely and get rid of the 10 points? (That will be a complete waste of ALOT of money and time spent on the evaluations.... but we don't need them for ITA)
OR
2 - should I upload ONLY the Masters and not mention anything about the diplomas (i.e. removing them from my initial EE profile.... but it is mentioned in the WES Evaluation and Personal history)
OR
3 - should I upload everything as it is....

I would go with option 3... and if they feel that it is not valid, then I don't mind if they just remove those 10 points....
But my fear is that if they feel it is not valid, they shouldn't reject us on this basis...

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as the ECA shows Masters, you will be awarded those 10 points and all CIC cares about as validation for this is the ECA report showing Masters summary.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So should I upload both the previous diplomas as well with the masters degree?
if this was the case, then why would they specifically write that a Bachelors is a must before the Masters?

Thanks

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Go with Option 3. You have the ECAs for all of them so provide all that to CIC.
This is definitely the right idea. If it's on the ECA, include it in the app. In the Letter of Explanation, add a paragraph explaining that there was no Bachelor's, so they don't have to Schedule A you to try to figure out why it's missing.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^^ So at the most, they should just remove the points, if it doesn't count.. right?
They won't reject us for this, will they?

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
EFK said:
^^ So at the most, they should just remove the points, if it doesn't count.. right?
They won't reject us for this, will they?
Do you need the points in order to qualify for the ITA?

If the ECA says masters, they should accept it as a masters.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No I don't need the points... If I end up losing those 10 points, I would still be eligible...
so maybe the LOE should work?

i will anyway need to add the LOE since he was working and studying distance education at the same time... so maybe I need to clarify that to make sure they understand the discrepancy between the local institute and the international awarding university... and don't ask for PCC also..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EFK said:
No I don't need the points... If I end up losing those 10 points, I would still be eligible...
so maybe the LOE should work?

i will anyway need to add the LOE since he was working and studying distance education at the same time... so maybe I need to clarify that to make sure they understand the discrepancy between the local institute and the international awarding university... and don't ask for PCC also..
Not really. PCC(s) is triggered by Personal history section alone and not by what you mention anywhere else. Which is why only Persona history necessarily requires full disclosure. In your case, mention the country accordingly in Personal history for that particular period and provide PCC(s) accordingly.

Baljeet2713

Jul 31, 2017
Hello,

Mine is the similar case with a little difference in number of years:
1. Diploma in Elec & Telecom post 10th class - 3years
2. Bachelor's degree from a State/Central government recognized - 2years
3. MBA - 2years (WES approves this)

What should I be doing?
What was the WES - ECA report in your case?

Please advice, this would be a great help to me in proceeding further.

Thanks!