+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Masters in Nursing from India

hustler1093

Mar 11, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am a 27 years old who has done her Masters in Nursing from India. I have been working as a lecturer for Nursing for around 2 years (1 year before my masters and 1 year after). I have got 8 IELTS bands. I checked my CRS points and seems like I can get somewhere near 450. My question is that do I need the work experience as a nurse to apply or I can apply right now with my current qualification as well. And if I can apply, what are the chances that I'll get an ITA (I am aligned to live in Ontario as I have family there already)?

Any help will be appreciated a lot. I have exhausted my resources and can't find any credible information.

Thanks.

X

xibalban

Is your CRS result based on the fact that your family lives there? Experience really can increase your points, and you can consider getting a job offer (by entering the job pool). The chances, then, would soar to 100%, IMHO.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
hustler1093 said:
Hello everyone,

I am a 27 years old who has done her Masters in Nursing from India. I have been working as a lecturer for Nursing for around 2 years (1 year before my masters and 1 year after). I have got 8 IELTS bands. I checked my CRS points and seems like I can get somewhere near 450. My question is that do I need the work experience as a nurse to apply or I can apply right now with my current qualification as well. And if I can apply, what are the chances that I'll get an ITA (I am aligned to live in Ontario as I have family there already)?

Any help will be appreciated a lot. I have exhausted my resources and can't find any credible information.

Thanks.
Since you are outside Canada, you would have to apply under Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW). Having family (PR or Canadian citizen and only certain relatives) in Canada will give you 5 FSW points but it wont increase your CRS points.

With regards to your work experience, look at the NOC of your profession and read the job description and see if you have carried out those duties as specified in the NOC. If your duties match the ones that CIC has listed then you can use your work experience. You need to have a minimum of 1 year continuous paid full time work experience to qualify.

Also, get an ECA for your educational qualifications. Whatever level of education your ECA has will be taken into consideration. Some ECA providers tend to discriminate between education in Asia vs Europe or America or Australia as the Canadian equivalent. Many users on this forum have indicated that their Indian masters degree was evaluated as 2 or more degrees and not masters. This happens often as a Canadian bachelors degree is 4 years after 12 whereas an Indian bachelors degree is 3 years after 12. You lose out on that 1 year of Canadian equivalent of a bachelors. Therefore a year of your Indian masters gets taken into the bachelors.

PS: I'm not discriminating between a degree from India vs elsewhere. I'm an Indian too.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Only NOC 0, A and B qualify. C and D are not eligible.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront