+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Master's degree with ECA gave me 0 points

agaurach

Jul 7, 2021
Hello.

I just submitted my Express entry application. I have obtained my bachelor's and master's degree in my home country and I added my 3 year Bachelor's credential and my 2 year Master's credential as my education, but I only submitted an ECA for the Master's degree, since I read that only the highest degree needs to be assessed.

My ECA also shows that this degree has a Canadian equivalent of a Master's degree.

But despite all this, I got 0 points for my education score in my application. How come? What am I missing?

Do I need ECAs for both my diplomas?

Rustom

Sep 26, 2021
Hello.

I just submitted my Express entry application. I have obtained my bachelor's and master's degree in my home country and I added my 3 year Bachelor's credential and my 2 year Master's credential as my education, but I only submitted an ECA for the Master's degree, since I read that only the highest degree needs to be assessed.

My ECA also shows that this degree has a Canadian equivalent of a Master's degree.

But despite all this, I got 0 points for my education score in my application. How come? What am I missing?

Do I need ECAs for both my diplomas?
Why ? That is weird

Try remove BA maybe no need in education section you can add it later in personal history section

Reactions: Naturgrl

agaurach

Jul 7, 2021
Oh, no... I made a crucial error - In the section "Standing at the end of study period" I answered "In good standing but no diploma or degree awarded" by mistake. I had to change it to "Certificate or diploma awarded".

Now I changed it and the points updated, yay!

Sorry for my inattentiveness.

Reactions: tobs