+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

marrying the assylum seeker in usa

amanjot1997

Nov 22, 2023
Hi I recently applied for my Canadian citizenship and I am in process of getting the cititzenship. I also have the USA visitor visa.My situation is little complicated. I have my fiancé he is in USA and claimed asylum, he does not have his passport, is awaiting for workpermit. my question are following:
1) how can I marry him, what documents do I need to marry him in USA?
2) If I marry him, can I sponsor him to Canada??
3) what is the processing time?
4)If he drop the asylum case, can he come to Canada?
5) is there any other way or process we can follow to get him inside the Canada, if he will drop his case in USA??
6) after his work permit can he apply for tourist visa to enter Canada??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I recently applied for my Canadian citizenship and I am in process of getting the cititzenship. I also have the USA visitor visa.My situation is little complicated. I have my fiancé he is in USA and claimed asylum, he does not have his passport, is awaiting for workpermit. my question are following:
5) is there any other way or process we can follow to get him inside the Canada, if he will drop his case in USA??
I'm not sure it's possible for him to apply without a valid passport. Wait for others to respond.

Lkdk11

Jan 23, 2024
Heyy did you get answers of these questions as i am in the same situation. Did you get a way out.