+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Married an Egyptian - Need help

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
here is some of what i had submited in my application. It may looks like alot...but.. it is better than getting refused...

communication
printout of screen if you chat via video cam. Yahoo will show the date on the camera screen. YOu can use the print screen on the keyboard to do that and then save it in paint or any photo editing program by doing pasting it.

Emails.. gmail is amazing for that purpose.. saves sent messages and logs chats as well... This has helped me alot as to proof how we met as I was telling my friends all about it so sent emails helped alot.

If you are using prepaid cards for mobile phone, then send a few and explain that you used cards and you don't have bills.

phone cards history.

I used a website called thephonecardstore.ca u can only use it if you are in Canada so your spouse can use it to call you. Cheaper than phones.

It is amazing and they track ur orders.

phone bills, cellphone or inland.

Electronic greeting cards.

photos

Intimate photos and smiling... one time a person got refused coz he wasn't smiling on photos. looooooool silly reason but it happened.
photos with family and friends.
Wedding photos
engagment photos
Trip photos

Honeymoon,
Hotel receipts
photos,
room car

Tickets or boarding pass
Entry exist stamps from passports.

Any annoucments in the newspaper.

Letters from two official people that know you or your spouse and know that you are married. It is better if they are Canadian. Someone like a boss would be better. This is better come from your spouse. She can ask them nicely to write something to proof that ur relationship is geniuin.

Letters from family and friends to support that you are married. I had tons of letters on mine.

envelops addressed for both you and your spouse showing the same address but your name on one and hers on one.

Wedding shopping
Any receipts she got when she was preparing for wedding. Clothes, tiara, wedding dress, etc, anything and everything, wedding ring receipts...

Wedding itself, wedding hall receipts.. cake order receipts..

Gifts receipts from both of you if you don't have receipts, then take photos of the gifts and send them...

Greeting cards from friends and family.

letters of employment from both of u,

bank statments if you have savings...

Proof that you pay rent and things like that...

university grades even if they don't request them... Especially if they are good grades.... it proofs you worked hard.

I sent in my pregnancy positive test along with ultra sound.

my evidance was 2kg and I paid 1000 le to send it via DHL.

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
HOLY CRAP!!!!! thats alot.... you don't really need all that... but in your case, if you got all that stuff, why not..... Looks like your not the "throw away" type...

Good luck...

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
You have to learn from other's people's mistakes. So I decided to keep a file and thought about evidance through all my engagment period. :) So I kept them organized!

They refuse for simple stuff sometimes, they ask why are you guys sitting apart in a photo. So you have to have some kind of intimate photos. Hugging, holding hands, etc. Smile in your photos and show that you are happy. :)

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Well,

They will work on what they have. Sometimes they request more in the interview. What did u submit? Once u get your file Id from Cairo! Try to submit more. Meanwhile, they will work with what they got. But qaid aeli, i think they will want that. so do it now and wait till your file transferes to cairo and then submit it there.

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
yah you have to wait for AOR to submit them. Because you need to write teh file number and your id on the envelope.

If I find something new, I will let you know. They are so tired of me at the embassy. I call alot.. :)
soon it will be a month and I haven't recieved my AOR. However, I am hoping in the next few weeks I will. I am leaving cairo to Canada soon so I need to submit them asap.

Fairouz

Nessy

Mar 24, 2008
So, pictures arent enough?? That was all i was planning to send, i dont have alot of things. What about bank statements, or credit card reciepts or would those be too personal. I also met my husband while i was a student in University, and we have alot of common friends, does that information help at all. A few of my professors even attended my wedding, actually i had 350 people attend my wedding and 200 attend my engagement, i still have the reciepts, but they are in arabic, even my wedding invitation were in arabic, Can arabic documents be sent???

Egypt007

Star Member
Feb 29, 2008
You should send everything you have to prove your relationship is genuine... they give you all that proof back anyways when he's approved so don't worry about giving originals....

Look send all the Arabic originals you got and attach them with English translations.. (you can translated)...

good luck

fairouzm

Mar 13, 2008
Hello Nessy,

Just tranislate ur documents with a transilator. Get letters from professors who attended your wedding, family and friends Get them to say that they know ur relationship is geninuin, that you are an honest person etc. Photos are not enough for some IO. :) So I transilated receipts of my gifts receipts, wedding ring receipts. It is better to transilate them in Egypt. In Canada some charge 125 dollars per page. I think, we spent about 300 dollars for transilations but we transilated lots of papers. The way I see it, better to pay upfront than having to appeal and pay more than 4000 dollalrs for an appeal lawyer who gets u to do all the work again but get his money doing nothing. :) Do it right or do it twice :D

I don't advice u to fill ur papers in Canada. Do them now, gather everything, make sure everything is complete and then take them with u and send them from Canada via express post ( mine was 2kg and costed 17 dollars from Canada).. However, when I sent them from here to my sister via DHL I paid 900 LE.

Use the computer to fill the forms, easier, and better than hand writing.

ayaram

Feb 2, 2015
Is there an expiration period for kashf elalh (the family composition) or the medical examination proof? I mean I can't submit a document issued 2 years ago, right? I am just concerned with the time of translation and authentication it might take after the documents are issued.

Thanks

ayaram

Feb 2, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am Canadian-Egyptian and I need help with the different names system in Egypt and Canada. In Canada, I go by the first and last name (fourth name), While on my Egyptian ID I go by 5 names in a row. So now I am applying to sponsor my spouse for residency, but I am confused how should I write my names and my husband name on the applications forms, which only provide space for family name and given name.