+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage in Canada need visitor visa

arpita608

Aug 28, 2018
Hi guys would like to know is it possible to marry in Canada as my bf is Canadian PR holder and I am Indian citizen. Is it possible for us to get visitor visa for the intention of marriage over there.can we apply for visitor visa for marriage purpose in Canada.?? Currently I am not working and I don't have any property on my behalf.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
There isn’t anything to prevent you from being married in Canada while on a visit, but I wouldn’t recommend applying for a visa using marriage in Canada to a PR as the reason for a TRV. That would likely end up in a refusal. Given your employment status and ties to India, I’d say the chances of a TRV are pretty slim.

alexhocain

Star Member
May 10, 2019
Hi guys would like to know is it possible to marry in Canada as my bf is Canadian PR holder and I am Indian citizen. Is it possible for us to get visitor visa for the intention of marriage over there.can we apply for visitor visa for marriage purpose in Canada.?? Currently I am not working and I don't have any property on my behalf.
why you want to get marry in canada?why don't you get marry in india and then apply as spouse of him rather than using these channels??

alexhocain

Star Member
May 10, 2019
This is not going to be an easy marriage as our marriage is inter cast marriage . My parents are not supporting and against of this marriage but as I love him I would like to marry him only . I have to leave my home forever if I marry him and plus there might be complications arise by my parents so don't want to take any risk . So thought of doing marriage in Canada .
To be honest, in my opinion, its not gonna be simple visa process for you. You are single, don't have job, don't have assets or financial ability to support tour stay, don't have ties with your home country. its not that simple to just put an application as you can't mislead VO. they can easily judge your intentions.
I will not recommend to apply for TRV. You need to find some other way as visitor visas are not for such purpose and hiding your intentions seems enreal as VO are good enough in their job to judge applications.