+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage...i'm in quite a pickle.

Kurisuti

Nov 2, 2011
Hello all-

I have a strange situation, and question I'd like answered.

I have overstayed my visitor record here in Canada, but unintentionally. Originally my intention was to attend the Royal Winnipeg Ballet with my sister and her bf. I had the tickets for the ballet, as well as a return ticket.

Well, I did see the ballet and it was outstanding, but shortly after I somehow lost my passport and I could not find it. This got me really scared, cause I had done all this research prior to leaving for Canada. I knew that since I had been refused before, they would want to question me more, if I overstayed this time, I probably would not be let back in, as the Immigration Officer specifically told me to turn the document back to her.

I really did want to prove my sincerity...it was not my intention for this to happen. Well now, I've been living with my gf for about six months now illegally (I ran to her after I fawked up). I have not tried to get work or applied for any apartment thus far, as I don't want attention drawn to me.

Now however, she's proposed to me. I accepted, but I was wondering if applying to marry my sweetie would arouse the suspicions of Immigration? I feel so trapped...and uncertain as to what to do. I'd like to apply for permanent residency, but I have no property shared with her at all or bank accounts, all the money I had furnished stuff for our apartment, which I still have receipts for...I'm scared of applying for anything like even a bank account cause I don't want to get caught and sent back...they will probably never allow me over the border again.

It would look really bad to Immigration, like I was trying to pull a fast one on them.

Also, if anyone has any advice as to if marrying my sweetie (who lives in B.C) will harm her disability pay in any way?

Thoughts and help please?

LovingMyCanuck

Star Member
May 8, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should contact your embassy for a passport. And to be quite honest, depending on how long your courtship with your fiancé is, it may or may not look suspicious. A short courtship, very suspicious.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am no expert, but I'd say NOT having immediately reported and replaced a lost passport when you are on vacation will make it extremely hard to convince anyone of anything. You stated you did research about Canadian immigration before you came, but now you have no idea how to report a lost passport and how to obtain another. It isn't plausible. I don't know if there is anything anyone can tell you that you don't already know.

Kurisuti

Nov 2, 2011
Like I said, I know it looks bad. If you can't or don't believe that I'm telling the truth so be it.

I just would like some help, that's all. There's a lot of conflicting information, I'm not even sure if I'm inadmissible right now or not, if I've even got a removal or deportation order. There was no address requested of me at the border so even if there is one, how would I know since they can't mail me it? There was no threat of a removal order/deportation order from the border official when I crossed over.

I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for about a year online, before I came to visit. I have chat logs to prove it, and my family and hers are very aware of it. I have several photos of us.

Nobody answered my question though, would marrying her attract the attention of Immigration?

Thanks for your time.

LovingMyCanuck

Star Member
May 8, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a public policy that says you can apply for spousal sponsorship even if you are illegal there. I don't really care whether or not you are telling the truth however you really put yourself in the gutter. However I would like to add your story has many inconsistencies. You said before your intention was to visit a ballet but you have a gf there who you have been with for a year. It seems like you had another intention.

You said you have a visitors record, where are you from?