+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marriage fraud record in USCIS, will I be inadmissible to Canada for PR?

xcvxcv

Jun 8, 2012
To anyone replying, YOU CAN BE BRUTALLY honest answering me.... :)

part I.

2005: entered into marriage SHAM to FIRST WIFE to get US green card. application for PR sent to USCIS.
2006: i went alone to the interview, OFFICER detected fraud, interviewed me brutally until I ADMITTED it was a SHAM MIRRIAGE. I withdraw the application. NO benefits was given to me.
2006; filed for divorced of first marriage, divorced finalized.
2009: Eventually got married to SECOND WIFE (US citizen) FOR REALS this time. Application submitted for Green Card the same year.
2010: we went for interview, OFFICER found our marriage BONAFIDE, but DENIED my admission due to my prior Marriage Sham (INA 204(c))
2011: I entered into deportation proceeding. Tried to submit waiver of inadmissibilty but was denied saying 204c has no solution.
2012: I decided to VOLUNTARILY REMOVE myself from US to go to back to my country.

part II.
Me and My CURRENT US wife + 2 sons are planning to immigrate to CANADA.
She took the assessment and she is eligible through FSW.

Now my 3 questions...

1. During the interview, (I know I have to tell the CANADIAN OFFICER the whole STORY) will my history of MARRIAGE FRAUD in the US, MAKE ME INADMISSIBLE TO CANADA TOO?

2. If yes, IS THERE A FORM OF waiver of this INADMISSIBILITY IN CANADA?

3. Would it be OK if I just be quite of my previous SHAM MARRIAGE since my CURRENT marriage is BONAFIDE ANYWAY?

pls number your answers accordingly.

Thank you so much.

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
I personally think that you can apply if the FBI PCC is clean.

In the FSW application there is no need to give details about your application for US green card.

new_2_canada

Apr 25, 2011
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexchristi said:
I personally think that you can apply if the FBI PCC is clean.

In the FSW application there is no need to give details about your application for US green card.
In the forms for PR he will have to mention about the deportation from US and give reason for the same, so it is virtually impossible to hide the detail from Canadian govt, my suggestion be honest to them about everything. I am not sure about the inadmissibility or for a waiver for the same in Canada, I am sure seniors like OMM or Qorax can answer the question with more details.

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
You should not misrepresent any facts about ur previous refusal reasons........it may be possible if they find about these, then under A40......you would be inadmissible for 2 yrs to Canada

new2canada is right, contact Qorax to clarify your doubts...

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
1. Look up Schedule A, question 6 of the canadian immigration forms - you have to answer those questions truthfully. If you answer "Yes" to any, you have to provide details. This is an opportunity to explain things - the 2nd marriage was deemed genuine and you left the US voluntarily, so these are certainly positive points and may work to your advantage. Beecause your credibility is already somewhat compromised(due to sham marriage), any attempts to lie or commit fraud won't win you the benefit of doubt.

2. I don't know if there is such a form but seek legal advice to be sure.

3. Both you and your wife will be required to submit FBI reports, so if you lie and the reports say otherwise, you will be rejected and banned from Canada.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
As usual, SenoritaBella and the others have provided great suggestions. Yours is not a straightforward case and it makes sense to seek legal advice before you submit you first application. You can be sure, a denial on the first round it isn't likely to get any easier if you try again. Google the law firms and read as many of the case histories and reasons you can that relate to your situation.

Aquib

Apr 19, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
March 2010
AOR Received.
JULY 2010
IELTS Request
SUBMIT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
FEB 2010
Med's Request
09 FEB 2012
Med's Done....
27 Feb 2012
Interview........
Medical received 12 March
Passport Req..
15 April 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2012
LANDED..........
Sep 18 2012 Shuker Allah.
Be honest and explanatory , explain things in detail to VO .
Provide proof of your current genuine relationship.

Humans do mistake. But you are not any problem to Ca security.

If needed just go to any Lawer (not consultant ) and get your explanation letter draft from him .

You think yourself , are your act are so serious that you became Inadmissible to Ca ???

So be positive and wait for your PR .

adanibaba

Star Member
Jul 17, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 31,2012
xcvxcv said:
To anyone replying, YOU CAN BE BRUTALLY honest answering me.... :)

part I.

2005: entered into marriage SHAM to FIRST WIFE to get US green card. application for PR sent to USCIS.
2006: i went alone to the interview, OFFICER detected fraud, interviewed me brutally until I ADMITTED it was a SHAM MIRRIAGE. I withdraw the application. NO benefits was given to me.
2006; filed for divorced of first marriage, divorced finalized.
2009: Eventually got married to SECOND WIFE (US citizen) FOR REALS this time. Application submitted for Green Card the same year.
2010: we went for interview, OFFICER found our marriage BONAFIDE, but DENIED my admission due to my prior Marriage Sham (INA 204(c))
2011: I entered into deportation proceeding. Tried to submit waiver of inadmissibilty but was denied saying 204c has no solution.
2012: I decided to VOLUNTARILY REMOVE myself from US to go to back to my country.

part II.
Me and My CURRENT US wife + 2 sons are planning to immigrate to CANADA.
She took the assessment and she is eligible through FSW.

Now my 3 questions...

1. During the interview, (I know I have to tell the CANADIAN OFFICER the whole STORY) will my history of MARRIAGE FRAUD in the US, MAKE ME INADMISSIBLE TO CANADA TOO?

2. If yes, IS THERE A FORM OF waiver of this INADMISSIBILITY IN CANADA?

3. Would it be OK if I just be quite of my previous SHAM MARRIAGE since my CURRENT marriage is BONAFIDE ANYWAY?

pls number your answers accordingly.

Thank you so much.
I second a forum member suggestion for FBI PCC . Secondly , I always believe provide that information only which is asked at any offical level . Don't give less and don't give more . Only to the point . Read application forms completely and see where and what information is require and if VO need more will let you know. On interview make sure your all papers are ready and during process as well and be truthful coz hiding facts could harm your case.Please also consult a very expert member Qorax on forum

xcvxcv

Jun 8, 2012
SenoritaBella said:
1. Look up Schedule A, question 6 of the canadian immigration forms - you have to answer those questions truthfully. If you answer "Yes" to any, you have to provide details. This is an opportunity to explain things - the 2nd marriage was deemed genuine and you left the US voluntarily, so these are certainly positive points and may work to your advantage. Beecause your credibility is already somewhat compromised(due to sham marriage), any attempts to lie or commit fraud won't win you the benefit of doubt.

2. I don't know if there is such a form but seek legal advice to be sure.

3. Both you and your wife will be required to submit FBI reports, so if you lie and the reports say otherwise, you will be rejected and banned from Canada.
Thank you Senorita Bella for this answers. Schedule A 6 e, is actually what led me to these questions.

And to all of you guys, thank you so much for enlightening me and the very good suggestions.

I'm very sure that I have a CLEAN PCC and FBI. Re: my Sham Marriage, I was not tried and convicted of this in court so I guess it should not be on my FBI record. or should it?

So here's my plan: ON SCHEDULE A 6. e) Have you been refused admission to, or ordered to leave, Canada or any other country? === I will answer YES and on the explanation area I will basically write down whatever I wrote on this THREAD. A letter from a LAWYER sounds really good BUT I swear whatever I wrote here is the truth so I guess I dont need one. Any comment on this?

cpappsg

Feb 21, 2015
Hello,
may I ask you what did happen with your Canadian immigration ? did fraud marriage affect it ?
I'm having the same situation here in USA and I need to know if it will affect my application
thank you

Chuks18

Nov 19, 2018
Hello,
may I ask you what did happen with your Canadian immigration ? did fraud marriage affect it ?
I'm having the same situation here in USA and I need to know if it will affect my application
thank you
Hello bro. Its funny you didn't get any reply from the other guy and I am about to ask you the same question. I am in a similar situation. How did you approach your situation. Were you successful? Please be kind to share

Reactions: Ayok