+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARRIAGE AND ADDING SPOUSE AFTER COPR ISSUED BUT YET TO TRAVEL

ezzylee

Apr 5, 2024
There's really nothing you can do but wait. It is normal for this process to take a while and hopefully you are close to an approval. I assume your husband's kids have completed the medical even though they are non accompanying?

Your husband can of course apply for a TRV or eTA to come as a visitor.
I actually agree with this. He can apply to come in as a visitor while you wait for the application to be processed. The only issue is that he cannot work on a visitor's visa, which could put a strain on your finances, especially with you being pregnant.

Pattiiluvz

Jun 2, 2020
No they live in the UK and we were told they cannot do an upfront medical so we are waiting. I was think of a TRV but I didn’t want to complicate his application

Pattiiluvz

Jun 2, 2020
When were you asked to submit the documents?

When you informed IRCC about your marriage, did you just raise a webform and attach the marriage certificate, or did you include other documents as well?

I'm asking these questions to understand if I need to do anything differently. When I submitted mine late last month, I only raised a webform and attached my marriage certificate. Another person I spoke to suggested that I should raise another webform and include the marriage certificate along with other documents to add a spouse.

Thanks for your help.
I got a email with all the documents I needed to send they even created a space in my portal for the documents

Reactions: ezzylee

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No they live in the UK and we were told they cannot do an upfront medical so we are waiting. I was think of a TRV but I didn’t want to complicate his application
I don't see how a TRV would complicate the application. But your choice.

ezzylee

Apr 5, 2024
I got a email with all the documents I needed to send they even created a space in my portal for the documents
Funny thing, I just got a mail from IRCC acknowledging receipt of the marriage certificate.

Please note that this email is a response to the enquiries found below this email.

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE_compressed.pdf
We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of your application, the responsible office may contact you.

Additionally, if you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependent in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request by using the IRCC web form available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.
We hope you will find this information helpful.

Your add-on request will be evaluated by the responsible office. You will be contacted when a decision will be made or if further information is required.

I was reading through the email, and the last part (the third point under "useful tips") makes me a bit uncomfortable. Although it says, "It may be impossible," there's still a chance that it might be possible.

Does anyone have any additional thoughts on this to help ease my concerns?