+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital status change - which form format to use to send update?

abhipatel

Jul 19, 2010
My marital status will be changing from 'Single' to 'Married' in the coming week. Would you please help me answer the following queries regarding my PR application:

1) Should I send an update to my file with a marital status change and include all my spouse's documents to New Delhi V.O. or wait for the medical to arrive and then send an update
2) The Schedule A & Generic Form (IMM 0008)that I have filled up (back in Apr 2010) were as per the old format without bar codes. While sending an update, should I use the old format forms or the new format forms? And the same question for my spouse. Does she have to fill up the old/new format of the Generic and family info forms.

Thank you! for your help and will appreciate your expert help.

Regards,
Abhishek

deba_avik

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2010
Doc's Request.
07-04-2010
AOR Received.
29-07-2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
14-04-2010
Med's Request
In Process since March 05, 2012
Med's Done....
Waiting
abhipatel said:
My marital status will be changing from 'Single' to 'Married' in the coming week. Would you please help me answer the following queries regarding my PR application:

1) Should I send an update to my file with a marital status change and include all my spouse's documents to New Delhi V.O. or wait for the medical to arrive and then send an update
2) The Schedule A & Generic Form (IMM 0008)that I have filled up (back in Apr 2010) were as per the old format without bar codes. While sending an update, should I use the old format forms or the new format forms? And the same question for my spouse. Does she have to fill up the old/new format of the Generic and family info forms.

Regards,
Abhishek
You must update ASAP.

Generic form is only signed by PA.

Forms:(completed by both you & your wife)
•Schedule 1: Background/Declaration Form [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 1]
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm0008_1e.pdf
•Additional Family Information Form [IMM 5406]
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5406E.PDF
•Fee Payment Form [IMM 5620](completd by u) for 550 CAD for your spouse's application
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5620E.pdf

2. Notarized Passport copy of your wife
3. Marriage certificate(notarized copy)
3. Birth Certificate(notarized copy)
4. Bank Draft [$550]
5. 5 copies Passport photos (of your wife, canadian size)
6. Educational docs of your wife.
7. & a Cover Letter, if any

saha200b

Mar 20, 2013
Hello,
I would like to update my marital status (ie. to include my wife into my application). Could you please advise me what are the procedures to include my wife in my application. What documents do I need to send and where? Just so you know, I have sent my application to Sydney, NS under PNP category. I received my medical. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Bappy

raneesh

Star Member
May 30, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2010
AOR Received.
17 Jul 2010
IELTS Request
25 Oct 2010 [Required Bands L-7.5,(R,W,S)-6.5] Scored[L-7.5,R-7.5,W-6.5,S-7.0]
File Transfer...
Full docs sent on 25 Oct 2010 & [In process 14th Mar 2012]
Med's Request
15 Feb 2013 ,yet WAITING for SPOUSE MR
Med's Done....
23 Feb 2013 but no medical result line in ecas till now.[RPRF encashed on 14 April 2013]
Passport Req..
15 Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
(Visa on 17th JAN 2014) DM on 13-1-2014.
LANDED..........
Toronto in Feb 2014
abhipatel said:

Regards,
Abhishek
I too updated my spouse's entry in my file and got following reply from embassy that says "how to add your spouse"

In order to add your spouse to your application, we require the following documents:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your spouse to be added to your application
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself to include your spouse
- A completed Schedule A Background Declaration form, and an IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form completed and signed by your spouse
- processing fee for your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse
- copies of experience and educational documents for your spouse
- copy of your spouse’s valid passport (s) both valid and expired.
- four recent passport-size photographs of your spouse according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration
- a few marriage photographs depicting pre and post wedding and also of the ceremony itself.
- police clearance certificates for any country in which your spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18 (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp for more information)
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- if you applied as a Skilled Worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added spouse
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp)

Copies of the original documents with original certified translations into English or French are required.

The required forms can be downloaded at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

Passport-sized photographs must meet these specifications: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp.

Information about the fees that must be paid can be found here:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/fees-frais.aspx

Your spouse will need to undergo a medical examination. We will send you the appropriate form and instructions after receiving the documents listed above. Be aware that even non-accompanying dependants must undergo medical examinations.

saha200b

Mar 20, 2013
Re: Marital status change - which form format to use to send update and where?

Where should i send my email? should i send an email to visa office (ie. in my case CPP, ottawa, Ontario)? Where did you send your email? Do you know the address for the visa office at CPP, ottawa ontario where should I send the documents to add my spouse? In my case, i have sent an email to the visa office in regards to update my wife. I got reply from Centralized intake office, sydney, NS and they just mentioned a link in that email. This link can be found easily in the cic website. They did not say anything specific how to add my wife or what docs are required to do that. Although i was asking for that.

Please advise what to do now. Should i send all the docs according to the email you received but where?
When you send your email to them what did you write in the email and did you attach anything with your email?

Please reply and share your thoughts?

Thanks
Bappy

raneesh

Star Member
May 30, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2010
AOR Received.
17 Jul 2010
IELTS Request
25 Oct 2010 [Required Bands L-7.5,(R,W,S)-6.5] Scored[L-7.5,R-7.5,W-6.5,S-7.0]
File Transfer...
Full docs sent on 25 Oct 2010 & [In process 14th Mar 2012]
Med's Request
15 Feb 2013 ,yet WAITING for SPOUSE MR
Med's Done....
23 Feb 2013 but no medical result line in ecas till now.[RPRF encashed on 14 April 2013]
Passport Req..
15 Feb 2013
VISA ISSUED...
(Visa on 17th JAN 2014) DM on 13-1-2014.
LANDED..........
Toronto in Feb 2014
Re: Marital status change - which form format to use to send update and where?

saha200b said:
Where should i send my email? should i send an email to visa office (ie. in my case CPP, ottawa, Ontario)? Where did you send your email? Do you know the address for the visa office at CPP, ottawa ontario where should I send the documents to add my spouse? In my case, i have sent an email to the visa office in regards to update my wife. I got reply from Centralized intake office, sydney, NS and they just mentioned a link in that email. This link can be found easily in the cic website. They did not say anything specific how to add my wife or what docs are required to do that. Although i was asking for that.

Please advise what to do now. Should i send all the docs according to the email you received but where?
When you send your email to them what did you write in the email and did you attach anything with your email?

Please reply and share your thoughts?

Thanks
Bappy
My VO is New Delhi and sent query on re-delhi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca.
No worries you match reply of my email with the email link contents you got from them and send all the proof of marriages documents which is ready with you,it should not be less than mentioned /required docs and other surplus documents can also be send to support your marriage case like copy of your joint bank account, APL card i.e. ration card etc..!!

blindvia

Jul 12, 2013
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 <br><br>[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/34s5bo2.jpg[/IMG]
Is there an FSWP 2014 applicant who did the same experience in updating their application from SINGLE to MARRIED? Can you please share your experience?

vmraja

Star Member
Jun 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PER 13-08-2014
Med's Request
17-09-2014
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Passport Req..
12-06-2015
I have mailed NDVO regarding the change in family composition in the month of oct.
My medicals were done in september. I got a reply from NDVo to send the updated generic form. furnished all the details and the application was received in the first week of December.
Last week, my wife got MR and RPRF mail.