+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Marital atatus

larissavb

Apr 23, 2016
Hello everyone!
I'm applying for express Entry with my boyfriend, but we'll get married only in December. We though maybe we could send the profile now to gain some time, but I don't know if there will be a problem to have a marriage certificate with the date after the applying day. Do any of you know if it's OK to do that?

Thank you

Larissa

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Do you qualify as common-law partners? If yes, then I see no reason why you can't apply.

picklee

Feb 19, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!
I'm applying for express Entry with my boyfriend, but we'll get married only in December. We though maybe we could send the profile now to gain some time, but I don't know if there will be a problem to have a marriage certificate with the date after the applying day. Do any of you know if it's OK to do that?

Thank you

Larissa
You could also apply separately if your scores are high enough.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello everyone!
Hi

You can only include a spouse or common-law partner. If he is neither, he can't be included in your app.

If you get married or become common-law after submitting your PR app, you can then add him to the app without issue.