romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
progression said:
We'll find that out on 17th :)
Honestly though, I could've done much better...
I have same feeling as u :D
I plan to check it online, if it gud mark i gonna pick up the report form, but if not, just mail it free lol

omesanni

Star Member
Dec 31, 2016
I took the written test on march 4. I am crossing my fingers that I get at least band 8 in the listening category because that's what i did for express entry to really get a high score. For the listening category, I am confident I got all the answers from 1-10 and from 30-40. The questions in between I found a little bit harder.

I want to find out if anybody can clear my doubts on some of the questions. In section 2 - question 19, what was the answer? I believe the sentence ended in something like ______wood rods. I was confused whether to select the hazel or iron option. Eventually, i settled on the hazel option.

Also, there was a question in section 2 about something to do with evening meal. The options were:
A. they were too tired to eat
B. they ate mainly berries and fruit
C. they discussed with they had done

I chose B but I am not sure about this choice either.

In section 3, there was a question where we were asked to select 2 weaknesses of the university's emission service. I selected it makes no noise and power supply wasn't enough. Not sure about these choices too.

So please if anyone can help me with the answers I will appreciate it.

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omesanni said:
I took the written test on march 4. I am crossing my fingers that I get at least band 8 in the listening category because that's what i did for express entry to really get a high score. For the listening category, I am confident I got all the answers from 1-10 and from 30-40. The questions in between I found a little bit harder.

I want to find out if anybody can clear my doubts on some of the questions. In section 2 - question 19, what was the answer? I believe the sentence ended in something like ______wood rods. I was confused whether to select the hazel or iron option. Eventually, i settled on the hazel option.

Also, there was a question in section 2 about something to do with evening meal. The options were:
A. they were too tired to eat
B. they ate mainly berries and fruit
C. they discussed with they had done

I chose B but I am not sure about this choice either.

In section 3, there was a question where we were asked to select 2 weaknesses of the university's emission service. I selected it makes no noise and power supply wasn't enough. Not sure about these choices too.

So please if anyone can help me with the answers I will appreciate it.
Where did you take the test, if you don't mind sharing?

I had the same questions and content for Listening. I agree with you totally, that second and third parts were tricky.

The answers that I remember for the second part - making roundhouse: peg, bones, scaffold, equal, hazel;
Questions related to Jim and village: always get up early, too tired to eat, difficult to cook, maintain heating level, and the last one was confusing so I chose exercise bla bla...

In part three these two Aussie students brilliantly messed everything up as well.
I also had mixed feelings about no noise option, but it didn't seem logical. I definitely chose tge power supply but can't recall its pair. Does anybody remember all the questions and answer options in this part?

Also, for 1-10 what I remember:
Top, silver, January 12th, 10, alarm, manager, door, sandwich, station, 180.

For 30-40:
Portraits, method, focus, poet, castle, prints, quality, farming...

ShniaboyUK

Jan 21, 2017
London UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
progression said:
Who is taking the test? What are your strategies? What are your weaknesses and strengths?

I have recently come across the reported IELTS speaking topics here: ieltsliz[dot]com/january-2017-ielts-speaking-topics/
As per the website, these topics will probably be used from January to April 2017.

Let's help each other out.
Peace.

I checked the link and to be honest "Books and shoes" appears in what I was asked about.

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
In U of C, I sat very close to the speaking examiner, and I could see she marked the previous candidate based on the recording. I saw someone b4 me got like 7 or 8 (like they marked on each areas, and then put a final mark)
The topic was chosen from a booklet. I guess that book contains like many speaking topics, and she had to choose in the order of the candidates :D

omesanni

Star Member
Dec 31, 2016
progression said:
Where did you take the test, if you don't mind sharing?

I had the same questions and content for Listening. I agree with you totally, that second and third parts were tricky.

The answers that I remember for the second part - making roundhouse: peg, bones, scaffold, equal, hazel;
Questions related to Jim and village: always get up early, too tired to eat, difficult to cook, maintain heating level, and the last one was confusing so I chose exercise bla bla...

In part three these two Aussie students brilliantly messed everything up as well.
I also had mixed feelings about no noise option, but it didn't seem logical. I definitely chose tge power supply but can't recall its pair. Does anybody remember all the questions and answer options in this part?

Also, for 1-10 what I remember:
Top, silver, January 12th, 10, alarm, manager, door, sandwich, station, 180.

For 30-40:
Portraits, method, focus, poet, castle, prints, quality, farming...
I took my test in Lagos, Nigeria

progression

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Isfijob
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
romrumrira said:
In U of C, I sat very close to the speaking examiner, and I could see she marked the previous candidate based on the recording. I saw someone b4 me got like 7 or 8 (like they marked on each areas, and then put a final mark)
The topic was chosen from a booklet. I guess that book contains like many speaking topics, and she had to choose in the order of the candidates :D
I also notice that :D
There were bunch of fives and sixs with some decimal point. I think they have like 3-5 different topics for Part 2 on each specific day and have the same Part 1 test depending on geographic location.

omesanni

Star Member
Dec 31, 2016
progression said:
Can you please go through my answers above and opine on them?
your answers for 30-40 are all correct. Your 1-10 answers are pretty much correct but i am not so sure about the January 12th answer becos the instructions said a word and/or a number. I don't know if 12th is a number, I wrote January 12 just to be on the safe side.

For the other answers u gave, like i said in my earlier post, they confused me a lot.

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Aspirants ,

Though I'm late here, I would still want to share my experience as I gave me IELTS on 04 March in Asia (India precisely).Listening part was actually easy to do compared to my earlier attempt. Apparently, parts 3 and 4 were tricky, though I managed to skim through all the questions in the available time. I found the part was a bit hard to through it, as it was 'follow the map and answer questions' type and my weakest part always.

To my surprise, Reading was like a piece of cake, for I managed to complete all the parts within time and had a buffer of approximately 8 minutes to proofread my answers. There was a Fill in the blank question in part 4 which was a bit gimmicky.

Type in the ____ before saving the application..bla..bla. I wrote as Section. After having analyzed few IELTS Network sites, I found variety of answers such as 'Tick' , 'description', 'Form'. But I can only be optimistic and say to myself that Section is the right answer. Moreover, I can safely assume, Tick alone was not the right answer. It could very well be "tick here" which was the exact words found in the massage, also factoring in the needed word requirements to fill the blanks were Two. Let's wait patiently until 17. All in all, other parts of reading were quite manageable to predict the answers.

Now to the toughest part Writing, these were the questions (few words are made up since i don't remember the exact printing),

Task 1 - You have seen an advertisement for people needed to work as helpers in school summer camp organized for children with out parents. Write a letter to camp organizer. you should say

- suggest some ways to help out for camp
- when are you available
- ask some questions about the camp

Task 2 - As the country's population grows, the need for building new homes increases. Is it better to build new homes in cityside or create new town ships on the countryside.

I must admit, I felt a bit struggled to handle task 2, though it is not such a complex topic/question to address. I was running out of ideas and none of the vocabularies were at my mind for disposal. Still I managed to complete it and developed my ideas using the concept "Satellite city". Task 1, I was able to handle at ease. In short, I realized practice is the only way to improve your flair in writing, nevertheless your English is at a high level. Because of the certain nuances required, known to address an essay in IELTS. Writing an advanced level essay admittedly needs practice, perseverance and devotion.

Speaking for me went as expected as I was able to manipulate the ideas and extend my answers with out compromising on fluency, pronunciation which are the parameters in practice to asses a candidate's English speaking ability.

Topics on which I was questioned were,

Part 1 - About my apartment, about visitors, about an holiday I took
Part 2 - A situation were I used my imagination
Part 3 - How computers are evolved these days and help in imagination, games that involves imagination, children and imagination.

Good luck to all those out here who had taken the exam on March 04.

Anishcool

Apr 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Practice is the key. Identify your weaknesses first in speaking. Plan and instigate a strategy to overcome it. you should achieve your desired results eventually then. In speaking you are marked on your ability to communicate on the spot for the questions triggered at you. Not relevancy, but fluency, pronunciation and accurate grammar. Find a speaking partner to practice. Try to use some idioms, linking words naturally while you are speaking. Use more synonyms for common words like good, bad, like, enjoy, etc. Pardon me if I am repeating what you know already. ;)